TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LillyD23 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Leah

Can't get away from it - January 11th 2012, 03:50 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I try so hard to get away from drugs, but its all around me. Its what i grew up knowing, its what i saw, its what i know. Pot, is pot. and pot will always be a part of my life, its the oxy's and cocaine.. i just crave it so much. It gives me that feeling of confidence and relaxation i need. I know it's bad, i've been caught with cocaine on me before, but i just can never get enough of it. It's like, it's the only thing i want.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Choose Offline
Invest in yourself.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Can't get away from it - January 12th 2012, 12:26 AM

Hm... well, one option to consider if you are addicted (which it seems like) is counseling/ rehab, and do your best to separate yourself from drugs.

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live"

-Richard Safreed

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LostAngels Offline
Glam Rocker/Classic Violinist
Average Joe

Name: Jordan Lorraine

Re: Can't get away from it - January 26th 2012, 03:13 AM

Hello.*

I'm very, very sorry to hear you're struggling through an addiction. It sounds to me like you feel more of a craving towards the cocaine, which is a very scary drug.*

I, myself, had struggled through years of heavy drug use. I used more ecstasy than I could ever count, snorted Oxy on a very regular basis. Cocaine however, I am immune to. I can not feel it, and for that I am very thankful.*
When I was a drug user, my parents put me in to a home, for only a week, called a stabilization center. It is a very homey place for teenagers and kids of all ages and with ALL sort of mental health problems to go and get help.
I am not advising you to go to rehab, because not only is that is an obvious route, but to be entirely honest, it isn't what everyone needs. This Stabilization home, called Woods Homes, helped me completely.*

It is very true that the first step to recovery is admitting and acknowledging you need help; which clearly, you are. So good on ya, I'm proud! ;P*

But what I think you need to do here is identify why it is you use. If you use as a crutch because facing reality is too hard for you sometimes, you need to face that problem.*
If it's simply out of enjoyment and the euphoria, then it will be easier for you to get through this.*

Also, you need to really think about the possible consequences here.*
Cocaine isn't a drug that will hurt you so much physically as it will mentally and emotionally. If you keep using, you are going to suffer from mild-severe psychosis, which may not be as scary as it sounds, but trust me, it is an awful experience.*

I really hope you figure out how to get through this. Talk to your closest friends, tell them you need help to quit. Take every less-severe step possible before resulting to something huge like asking your parents to send you to rehab...*
Drugs are a very serious thing, but the road to recovery does not need to be as miserable as TV makes it seem.

Best of luck.*

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" - Stephen Roberts

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread