TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
metalheadjessus Offline
Average Joe

Lightweight? - January 11th 2012, 03:50 PM

These last few years i've been introduced to alcohol quite steadily. On the first instance I had some neat bacardi and mohito and it made me really sick. I didn't feel drunk in the slightest, but that night I vomited quite badly. A few months after that I had a couple of Buds at a party. This was a few months later. After only two I can remember feeling dizzy. Now, two years on, about four pints or five glasses of wine takes me over the edge and is plenty to get me drunk. People accuse me of faking drunk as if i'd willingly make a prat out of myself. I was just wondering; does this sound a normal amount to get drunk from? There is no way in Hell i'd fake it; I have no reason to lie to you guys. I genuinely become dizzy, gobby and numb! The girl who mainly says it never really drinks alcohol and brings energy drinks to parties, so I don't get how she'd understand, I just want to make sure that a few pints, shots and even just a bottle of wine are normal for a girl to get drunk on and that there's nothing wrong with me!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Choose Offline
Invest in yourself.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Lightweight? - January 12th 2012, 12:22 AM

Based on what you've said it does just seem like your tolerance for alcohol is lower than many people. My parents had a friend that resembles what you said, and they called him "one beer Bill." He'd have one or two beers and be blackout drunk.

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live"

-Richard Safreed

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Lightweight? - January 12th 2012, 01:00 AM

That's a grand amount!! I'm a fair bit of a lightweight and although I definitely don't get drunk as quickly as I used to, four pints of beer will have me nicely locked and five is generally a bit too much :/ You sound like a slight lightweight, but not shockingly bad!! Embrace it ~ it's cheaper Also there's nothing embarrassing about it if you're a girl ~ loads of us are the same. Just remember you don't have to try and keep up with other people's drinks, know the amount that's enough for you.

Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive anyway.

Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud ~ Kanye West

Mistakes are minimized by experience and experience is maximised by mistakes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
sweetman16 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Charles

Re: Lightweight? - January 12th 2012, 01:42 AM

i wish i was a lightweight. If i could buy a 6 pack and be good, i'd be a pretty happy person but I can drink over 10 beers, and even one time drank an entire 26er of jagermister, and 4 beersontop of that and didn't even through up (not bragging, just saying cause that's over $30 right there.. -_- ). All though i was hammered, but i didn't even passout as early as i thought i would.
But my family is full of alcoholics, so that could maybe make a difference? But anyway's , like the person above me said. Embrace it!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
metalheadjessus Offline
Average Joe

Re: Lightweight? - January 12th 2012, 06:41 PM

Ahh, thanks guys My guy friend said to me "it's not a problem - means you're cheap to take on a night out" which I suppose is true and will have its financial benefits when I do begin to drink in nightclub settings! It just gets to me when people will say the next day "urgh, she was faking" as if i'd intentionally make an idiot of myself, and always the people who don't drink much, if they ever have!

I don't think I do myself any favours with my drinking method, though; I will literally tip glass after glass of wine down my throat so that within 20 minutes i'm there. Must learn to sip :| :L but thank you all

Closed Thread