TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iwannabeme Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Drinking - January 22nd 2012, 03:48 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ive been a drinker for over a year or two and little by little i cant remember anything that has happened over the years . to this day i havent drank since new years eve, but before that it was everyday and even at school. My boyfriend wont trust me, my family calls me dumb and selfish, my mom put me in a substance dependancy group , my dad avoids talking to me about anything that isnt school now. If i even SMELL alcohol my body shivers and i start CRAVING it and i dont know how to control that urge. I have a high tolerance to alcohol, because my support group leader said its because ive drank for so long that my body got used to it and it needs more alcohol than before to get that same feeling it did in the beggining. I got started on alcohol when i was about 10 so 4 years ago but it wasnt frequent drinking till a year or two ago. I want to stop but im even starting to dream about me drinking an i dont want to drink again but i keep having this urge and i keep getting put in positions where there is alcohol around me and im a minor so i cant legally leave home without my dad because i cant drive away from wherever i am. I dont know how to get rid of this addiction, but i really need it to go away. any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Drinking - January 22nd 2012, 07:25 PM

I would definately talk to a professional about this. Also just try to keep yourself away from it as much as possible so you're not tempted as much.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dreamer1234 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andrea

Re: Drinking - January 23rd 2012, 09:33 PM

Yes, go talk to a proffesional, they will be able to help you more than anyone could ever..
  Send a message via AIM to dreamer1234 Send a message via MSN to dreamer1234 Send a message via Skype™ to dreamer1234 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucas

Re: Drinking - February 2nd 2012, 01:56 AM

I used to have the same issue - distance yourself in every way possible. Don't attend parties that involve alcohol, and when your friends are drinking try your best to stay away with it. If alcohol isn't there, the temptation isn't there and over time hopefully your body, and your mind will adjust to life without it.

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failures all you known.
Remember all the sadness and frustration,
and let it go.
Let it go. - Linkin Park

(#5 (permalink)) Old
icegirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anonymous

Re: Drinking - February 3rd 2012, 11:50 PM

Start drinking things lighter in alcohol when you drink, or mix drinks with juices or water. My parents have drinking problems, and my brother has. Try replacing it with diet soda if you find yourself drinking out of boredom. Chew gum. Stuff like that.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Drinking - February 8th 2012, 09:52 AM

If what you say is true then you're pretty much borderline alcoholic where your body is already starting to crave alcohol whenever it sees it, and will have a high tolerance for it.

At this point, support groups may not help you with this. Like some people above said, you should see a professional who may know how to make this better.

Good luck! Carpe Diem.

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

Closed Thread