TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lauren_160 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauren

mkat and alchohol - January 29th 2012, 08:33 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't really know how to word this, or even what to say, i think i have a problem, i've always drunk to give myself confidence, to the extreme where i don't know what i'm doing. I used to dabble in drugs every so often but now it's got to the extreme where i've been on mkat the last 5 nights, taken mdma etc, and i don't want to be like this anymore, i want to be able to go out in town and have a laugh. It's got to the point where as i used to get it free, i'm now paying for it, but everyone i meet seems to have some, and i know i have a problem as much as i dont want to admit it all my friends are lecturing me and i know they have a right to be worried but even the friends who are on it heavy are worried, i just dont know how to stop myself? =\

Lauren

"The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds. We miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have hope."

"But in the ruins there is still a canvas. There is still beauty in your brokenness. The faded scars show healing reminding me that even though Iíve been in dark places, Iíve survived and learned and become stronger".

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: mkat and alchohol - January 29th 2012, 11:26 AM

I definately suggest seeking professional help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: mkat and alchohol - February 12th 2012, 02:41 AM

Reach out to your friends. You're lucky enough to have people there for you, grab them before you push them away. Your friends see you in many different lights and they're your friend for a reason so you don't need the substance confidence to make them like you.

I imagine you're in a very comfortable cycle at the minute and breaking that can be hard but once you do you'll start to find yourself feeling a lot better, physically and mentally. No doubt it'll be hard at first but it's worth the fight for a better quality of life in the end.

I suggest distancing yourself from your friends that are heavily into drugs as that influence will only have a negative effect on your progress. Find comfort in your friends that aren't using drugs, talk to them, express your feelings to them. If you find it hard to gather the confidence to that vocally ask if you can write them an email or letter... I know it can be hard to bring these kind of things up out of the blue with people.

Set yourself realistic targets and don't beat yourself up if you slip. It happens, it doesn't make you a failure, it just makes you human.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: mkat and alchohol - February 15th 2012, 06:32 AM

nobody says you have to stop all drugs, just stop doing the addictive crap like mkat

Closed Thread