TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Exclamation Major Craving =/ - March 31st 2009, 03:13 AM

I won't be specific. But I'm craving some drugs (not saying what type) and alcohol, but it's a horrible crave and really unexpected and I've been about a month clean from all drugs and alcohol. And I have both here, within a simple 5 second walk. I don't want to. I already slipped up on cutting...I don't want to mess this up to.

I guess I need help, suggestions, thoughts, anything?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Paul. Offline
Average Joe

Re: Major Craving =/ - March 31st 2009, 03:44 AM

heey long time no talk. sorry to see your not doing well. I want you to put both those things away, or dump them if you can. okay?

This is just a craving and its going to pass. You've been through lots of difficult times and you'll get through this too.

hang in there!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Major Craving =/ - March 31st 2009, 07:41 AM

Hey Mystery,

I am glad you came here to talk about your craving instead of giving in. That shows a lot of strength and I am proud of you for that. I agree with Matt that you should get rid of your temptation by throwing it out. If that isn't an option then at least distance yourself from it. I am sorry to hear you slipped up with SH. Remember the important thing isn't that you slipped up but that you don't give up trying to quit. On that note, just because you made one mistake doesn't mean you need to make another. You don't need the drugs or alcohol. You can make it through the night without them. Tomorrow is a new day and it will be better. Just take a deep breath and remind yourself of all the reasons you don't want drugs or alcohol in your life. It might help to call a hotline you can find a number in your area here: http://forums.teenhelp.org/showthread.php?t=22 If you don't feel comfortable calling a hotline you can always PM me. You are not alone. I am here for you and I will help you as best I can. I know you can make it through this. You have already proven how strong you are by reaching out to us now. Use that amazing strength to beat this craving. You don't have to give in if you don't want to. You are in control of yourself. Make the right decision and walk away from temptation. In the future if you are ever having a bad craving you can always contact me. I promise I will never be to busy for you. I hope you are doing okay. Stay strong and take care.

Lots of love <3

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brendan

Re: Major Craving =/ - March 31st 2009, 01:22 PM

I've been fighting addiction, not with drugs or alcohol but on other things and you just need to find another thing to do to replace the drinking and drugs. TH could be that thing... I used training to do it, but what works for some might not work for others.

Hang in there!

Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: Major Craving =/ - March 31st 2009, 04:21 PM

Matt, thank you hun. I really appreciate it.

Soul, thanks.

Brendan, I appreciate the post.

So...I couldn't exactly find what I was craving. So I took a couple sleeping pills (supposed to take one anyways). =/ So I kind of slipped, but nothing major. I really don't even know what triggered me and when I find my "stash" of stuff I'll get rid of it. Although I can't get rid of the alcohol, that's my moms.

Anywho...I managed to make it without doing anything too bad. I guess I can be somewhat proud for that. =/ Yeah.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Major Craving =/ - March 31st 2009, 05:03 PM

You can be more than somewhat proud you can be very proud. I know I am very proud of you. Things could have been a lot worse but they weren't because of your strength. Remember I am always always here for you and it would be no trouble to me to listen as long as you need me. I want to help you if you'll let me. Congradulations on hanging in there. It does get easier with time. I know you can do this. I am so happy to hear of your plans to get rid of your stash. That is a big positive step towards recovery. Take care and stay strong.

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: Major Craving =/ - March 31st 2009, 06:25 PM

=/ Does it get easier? I mean, I haven't really used that much and I crave it so bad still.

And thanks David, I appreciate it alot.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
NuHalo Offline
Strength.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shaun

Re: Major Craving =/ - March 31st 2009, 07:22 PM

It does get easier Mystery.

If you haven't done it so much, just like I have, it gets easier within a few months even. Sure, you will get hit by cravings that are stronger than others at what seems like random times but the extent of it doesn't go further than anything that can truley be controlled with enough willpower and distractions.

Getting rid of any temptation (such as knowing you had some handy) will increase the likelihood of the cravings not even going past a simple thought. And talk to people when you get them, and stay positive that you can get past the cravings because keeping a positive attitude helps as well.

Hope this helps for the future,
Shaun.

Click here to PM me any time, I'm here to help you if you want to talk to someone.

Beware lest you lose the substance, by grasping at the shadow. - The Dog and the Shadow, Aesop
  Send a message via MSN to NuHalo  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: Major Craving =/ - March 31st 2009, 07:26 PM

*hugs shaun* Thanks. Yeah, I got rid of it all. Well, what I could get rid of. =/ I think I'll be okay for awhile now, thanks everyone. You're all amazing.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
pinkhole Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Major Craving =/ - April 1st 2009, 02:49 AM

You just need to stay strong. Don't let the cravings beat you. You're better than that. Just keep telling yourself you can do this.. you don't need drugs or alochol. You can get through this!! *hugs*

Closed Thread