TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Marijuana; goodbye my love - March 5th 2012, 05:34 PM

So I've been smoking marijuana for 5 years now. For the past 3 I would say I smoked it practically everyday..I didn't care that I was wasting all my money away, but now that I'm broke with no income, the weed supply has been cut off and I'm officially dry. I have already got the last crumbs and THC crystal out as much as I could so there is literally nothing left. SO, I'm trying to make it all this week..with no weed. That hasn't happened in years, so I'm kind of nervous.. marijuana makes me feel great! I don't care if its illegal, I believe it helps me and it calms me down a ton. But I know I'm way too dependent on it. So maybe this will help me clean up a bit and cut back on the weed smoking in general.
This is my second day so far with no weed, already I'm thinking about how bad I want a toke..but I literally can't so fuck. I guess I need to keep myself busy, maybe start up a hobby or something to get rid of my extra energy.. I would start jogging again but I'm afraid it might trigger my ED tendencies somehow which I don't want.
I hope I can make it without cracking. I have 20 bucks but I'm saving it for when I go to my boyfriend's house next week, and I really don't want to spend it till then. (He is having a bad time with money right now as well)
I hope I have the strength for this.. I've needed to cut back for a long time now. Yes, I would say I'm mentally addicted to marijuana. And I know I won't get physical withdrawals from not smoking it..but I get very edgy, I usually have a hard time focusing on one thing, and I'm always moving about when I don't smoke it.
But, if I get through this week without it..I know I don't need it in my life.
Any ideas on how to distract myself, or advice, anything.
Thank you!
And here's to an interesting week ahead
<33

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: Marijuana; goodbye my love - March 6th 2012, 09:57 PM

I've had a hard time stopping doing weed as well. I haven't been smoking it for such a long time, but I was becoming dependent. What has helped me to stop thinking about it is how proud my friends have felt about me, which means a lot. They've kept me distracted playing board games, going for walks or to bar to have some coke an so on. Maybe you could try those. Marijuana is a good antidepresive, that's why we feel so good when having it, but it's bad, you know the side effects it has, that dizziness, that non-sense laughter... now that you've decided to stop, think about how many discussions you can have truly realizing what you're saying... you can live without it, and I'm happy you can see that. But quit for your own sake, not because of money.
Stay strong, I'm here for anything you need =)

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Re: Marijuana; goodbye my love - March 7th 2012, 03:30 PM

Ugh I've already slipped up.. D;

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Marijuana; goodbye my love - March 8th 2012, 04:58 AM

There's a couple things you need to understand when it comes to conquering an addiction:

1. If you want to conquer an addiction, conquer it because you want to...not because you lack money. Just because you lack money isn't the motivation you need because, deep down inside...you're still going to want to smoke weed, but you're only preventing yourself because you don't have the resources to obtain. Pretend that money isn't an issue. If you really had a dependency on marijuana, you could definitely find ways to get marijuana.

2. You're going to fuck up. People make mistakes, but that doesn't mean you've failed. There are important concepts that you need to understand to overcome an addiction. First, you need to establish a routine and keep track of your progress. Next, you need to find a way to reward yourself. After X amount of days without marijuana, you can use the money you've earned to buy something that you enjoy...maybe it's an article of clothing, a book, or anything that you enjoy, is healthy, and not something you can get addicted to (at least in a bad way). Realize that you might screw up every once in a while, but you need to drive yourself to overcome your addiction. You don't want to STOP smoking marijuana, you just want to not let it control you.

There's a reason why you became dependent on marijuana, and now you need to find something to use, besides drugs, to feel better. You either need to deal with those issues that trigger your attitude to smoke marijuana, or you need to find a different coping method.

Once you do those, you're on the right track. But the important thing, as previously mentioned, is that you have to want it...simply acknowledging that you're broke because of marijuana is not a large motivation to change. You have to want it REGARDLESS of how much money you have or don't have.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MrJungleTiger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Marijuana; goodbye my love - March 14th 2012, 04:20 AM

i would say try taking up a hobby such as sports or video games. anything that takes your mind off of it will help really, i am a teenager as well so good luck cutting your habits!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Marijuana; goodbye my love - March 14th 2012, 09:13 AM

Get hobbies, go out with friends, just keep yourself occupied in general!! I can see you slipped, but you should try and start over again because it seems like you're close to getting addicted to this and we don't want to see you slip into this...

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

(#7 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Marijuana; goodbye my love - March 14th 2012, 10:05 PM

Like Brandon said, you have to stop this addiction because you want to. Sooo many times I've seen my uncle go through rehab and recovery programs to get clean off drugs.. and it works for a little bit. But then he relapses hard core. He doesn't stay clean because he doesn't want to. Simple as that. YOU have to want to do it.

If you're really serious about ridding yourself from weed, then yes, taking up a hobby will be good. I would also suggest that you put all your money into a savings account. This will make it so you don't have the cash on you to spend on weed. It will also make it so you can't go to an ATM whenever you please. I have a problem spending all my money, so what I do is hold onto my pay checks until the end of the month when my bills are due. Maybe you could try holding onto your money in a check form as well?

It's also going to take support from those who love and care about you . I'll be honest and tell you that hanging around people who smoke weed won't help at all. it's just going to be a HUGE temptation. So you'll have to try to remove yourself from that scene the best you can. Confide in family that you're going to need their support getting off this substance.

Another thing you can try is an outpatient program for this. If you're really serious about quitting, then you're going to have to make that effort. I would at the very least look into your options. It can't hurt. Is there any recovery programs around you that you can look into?

Above all, it's going to take a huge amount of strength. I truly believe that you have that strength. You just have to make the hard steps towards recovery. And yes, you know what, slip ups happen. But that doesn't mean you failed. It means you keep going. Keep fighting. Because you can do this

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread