TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tearxstained Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Aly

I know I shouldn't... but.. - April 1st 2009, 05:37 AM

So.. back about a year ago I started getting interested in drinking and stuff, mainly cause my friends were and I felt left out. And I did that for about four months. But I really never have liked alcohol and I refuse to do drugs so it wasn't ever much fun. I basically stopped hanging out with them.
The problem is I really do like to be drunk. I think that is probably a bad thing... But I love feeling like I don't have any worries and I can just be crazy and nobody will care, cause hey, I'm drunk! I basically haven't drank in ... well a really really long time. But recently my sister who just turned old enough to buy booze has been pushing me to drink again. She tells me she will buy it, pay for it, and let me and my friends go hang out with her and her friends to drink. And its tempting.
I know I probably shouldn't do it... but everybody around me keeps saying otherwise and there is a definate part of me that really wants to...
Sorry. I didn't really ask for any advice, I just needed to write this out to get, like, the thoughts in my head onto the screen in front of me.

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why we call it the present.
<3 <3 <3
Gotta Love Kung Fu Panda !

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: I know I shouldn't... but.. - April 1st 2009, 06:26 AM

If you know that you shouldn't do it, and you don't want to do it deep down, then don't do it. You'd rather be smart then be pushed into something you don't really want to do/know you shouldn't do. You're only 15. Not only is it illegal for you to drink at your age it could get your sister into serious trouble for buying you alcohol and allowing you to drink underage. Don't listen to everyone else and do what you know is right for you.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: I know I shouldn't... but.. - April 1st 2009, 07:41 PM

Hey Aly,

If this is something you don't think is a good idea then why do it? Your sister doesn't sound like a very good influence on you. I would let her know that you don't think you are ready to start drinking (after all you are only 15). Brittney is right about both of your activities being illegal and therefore punishable by law. It is up to you to make a decision on this. While a little drinking never hurt anyone it doesn't sound like your are planning on just drinking a little. Whats more is it doesn't even sound like something you want to do deep down. Personally if I were you I would wait until I was older to drink. That way I would be mature enough to make good decisions even while intoxicated (if that is possible). If you do decide to drink then try not to go overboard. Watch out for yourself and whatever you do don't get into a car with someone who has been drinking. Try and find out what your limits are and don't push them. You don't have to get so drunk you can't walk. A happy buzz will suffice and once you reach that point then stop. However, like I said I wouldn't even start drinking this young. If you aren't sure about what to do then try writing a pros and cons list. Good luck with making a smart decision. Remember, don't let anyone pressure you into doing something you don't want to do. Take care and be safe.

Lots of love <3

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tearxstained Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I know I shouldn't... but.. - April 4th 2009, 05:40 PM

Thanks for the replies =D
I thought it over, and last night when she came into my room with two friends and a mickey of booze I straight out said no when they offered me some!! Drinking isn't something I have ever wanted to get into, and I think now that my sister knows I can and will say no she will stop asking me. Even if she doesn't I know I can say no.
EEEEEE I could just do a victory dance or something right now!

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift.
<3 <3 <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PinkDiva96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I know I shouldn't... but.. - April 4th 2009, 05:51 PM

if you really are addicted to it, you need to get help

if you aren't then you should stop so that you dont get addicted

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Tearxstained Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I know I shouldn't... but.. - April 4th 2009, 05:54 PM

Nopers, I'm not addicted, I haven't drank in a really long while really. It was just that my sister kept asking me and offering and I was considering starting again. But I said no so theres not a chance I will get addicted either =D
Woot, woot!

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift.
<3 <3 <3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: I know I shouldn't... but.. - April 4th 2009, 06:26 PM

Hey Aly,

I just want to let you know how proud I am that you made such a smart mature decision. I think when you look back on this you will be so happy you said no. Temptation can be changeling but obviously it is no match for you. Keep up the amazing work you really are doing great. If you need anyone I am always here for you. Take care and stay strong.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread