TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Locked Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lula

Please help me help him. - April 13th 2012, 08:35 PM

Hi everybody, this is my first post here so if I've done something wrong, feel free to correct it or inform me of my wrongdoings.

I need to help my boyfriend with his problem. He's 14, and so am I. We started dating a month or so ago, but he's been my best friend before that for a good three years. Before we started dating, we texted each other a lot because we both feel it much easier to tell secrets, etc, via text. So we told secrets, and he told me one that shocked me: He drinks almost everyday, and often gets drunk from it. I was extremely shocked at this, but it gets worse. He was always talking about how he didn't think anyone would want to marry him, start a family, etc, because of these problems he had. When I asked him what they were, he explained it was the alcohol, and that he also took drugs. He informed that he took Meowmeow, Ecstasy and Weed almost everyday at least once. I have no idea whether his family know about this. I'm just so worried about him. He knows that it's bad for him, but he can't help it and can't get off the stuff. As someone who's lost her father (not to drugs or drink, just in general) at only 12 years old, I don't want to lose the second most important man in my life, and if it messes his life up and he ends up dying after he's started a family, whether that be with me or whoever else he loves at that time; I couldn't live with myself knowing the pain his wife and child/children would have to go through...

The every thought of him doing drugs sets me off into tears and I can't sleep at night anymore through worry. What can I do? Please, somebody help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Please help me help him. - April 13th 2012, 09:06 PM

Hey Lula, welcome I'm sorry to hear that your friend is struggling with drugs and alcohol. Given that you both are only 14, the best thing you can do for him is tell his parents what's going on. I know you might not want to or that he may not want you to, but this is one of those situations where telling someone is the best thing you can do. If he can't help using then he needs professional help and the only way to get him that is to tell someone who can get that for him.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Closed Thread