TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
faded rainbow Offline
Not a n00b

i cant take it anymore - April 3rd 2009, 06:35 PM

my sister is a complete cow i know yeah 15 balh shes a teenager
weve never got on
a couple of years ago we were all out the whole family and my cousin was on at me about getting on with my sister and i turned round and said something in a way i didnt mean but my sis wont see that i didnt mean it that way and im sure she's holding onto it
my mum at the time said she'd never forgive me for it either and she wont i swear she still holds onto it because no matter how much she knows my sis rules this house she wont deal with her
sure she tells her of evry now n then but she still does it she still runs this house i think that was proved when my mum said if my sis wont come out she aint leaving her on her own
shes 15 for god sake she aint gona grow up if shes treated like tht forever

im just so tired of being here
suppresed by all my childish fears

these wounds wont seem to heal
this pain is just too real
theres just too much that time cannot erase

waterloo road fans http://petitions.tigweb.org/saveeddie

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: i cant take it anymore - April 4th 2009, 12:59 PM

Hi there.

You said something four years ago that is still 'causing severed relationships with you and your family? The way I see it, that's sort of a problem and I really think you should take steps to fix it. A comment made should not make people mad for four years. Have you talked to your sister about it? I can't imagine anything horrid enough to make someone angry for that long... If you haven't already talked to her about it, you probably should. Apologize for the way in which it came out of your mouth, explain to her what to meant by it, and just, yeah.

I can't not think it's a wee bit silly to let something go on for four years like that - it absolutely baffles me. Also, maybe you could talk to your mom. Communication is a good thing. Really, it is. The more you communicate with others, the easier it is going to be for them to understand how you're feeling! So, let us know how things go. I really hope you get this sorted out - it's been long enough!

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: i cant take it anymore - April 4th 2009, 05:35 PM

Hey there,

I agree with Katrina, and I'm absolutely amazed that your family is holding on to what you said from years ago. They shouldn't be judging you like that. Words can't easily be taken back, but they should know that you have grown up a lot in those years and that you don't mean what you said, especially anymore.

I really think you should talk to your mom about how your sister is acting. A fifteen year old should not be ruling over what goes on, and your mom needs to take some control and responsibility over what is happening. Spend some time with your mom and just have a heart to heart chat with her. She needs to hear how you're feeling about this, and maybe you can both change it together.

I think it's immature of them both for holding on to what you said for so long, and maybe they just need to hear that it's history now. It was said and nothing can change it now, but it is time to move on.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
falcon93 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: i cant take it anymore - April 5th 2009, 06:39 PM

i think you should consider seeing a councelor to work out the issues between u and ur sis

Closed Thread