TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
netanya Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Netanya

Im friendless after the breakup - June 1st 2012, 09:09 AM

Sorry this is an Insanely long post my others haven't been I just really needed to get this out. 2 weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. Now I just feel... Completely worthless. He simply stopped speaking to me, one day he didn't answer my text so eventually I called him to see whatsup. Over the next few days he didn't answer any call or text and I was just so confused and finally he answered I said what's going on and he said I just can't deal with this and hung up. I texted him' so does that mean I'm dumped?' 'ya'. Wed been going out for 6th months I was really hurt so half a week later I sent him a text- can I atleast know what I did wRong and hes like ohh I don't knOw what I want in life... I thought i loved u but I don't.
Now I feel iv hit rock bottom, my confidence is at zero and the main reason I'm posting this because I realized I have no friends. No joke, not a single person asking to hang out with me. I think in my relationship we just only spent time together I neglected my friends and now iv lost them all... I feel pathetic. Last night I went out to the place where all the teens from the surrounding neighborhoods hang out, and sure I knew plenty of ppl ther I'd met in the past, but I cud tell noone wanted to be around me, I just have the personality or whatever that no1 likes. I see how everyone greets ther friends excitedly after not seeing them for a few weeks... I was lucky to even get an acknowledgement. I ended up third wheeling a girl from my school and her boyfriend- she even asked- oh ur staying with us? So finally I was like I have go and just went home. At 11. When everyones out till 3 am. I just.... I'm lonely I wish I cud make peOple want to be around me cuz u can feel when people don't wanna be around u, u know. And obviously I can't tell anyone this cuz that wud def make me 'uncool'. God why is this world all about being fake and cool and popular, I just want a few close friends but clearly I'm not even worthy of that.

Last edited by PSY; June 4th 2012 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Moved to the "Friends and Family" forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Silvia Offline
Average Joe

Name: Silvia

Re: Im friendless after the breakup - June 1st 2012, 10:12 AM

Sometimes people get so absorved in their love relationships that leave their friends aside. If you had friends before hanging out with your bf, try to talk to them and apologize for taking such distance from them. When you haven't been around for a while it is normal to feel disconnected and like u don't fit, but just talk to them and give them and urself sometime to retake the friendship...

You are not worthless, if your relationship with your bf didn't work out it's not ur fault or his, it's just how things are. Don't give up and try to hang on to the positive things you lived with him...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
JoBlue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jo

Re: Im friendless after the breakup - June 1st 2012, 04:20 PM

Well I'm sorry your relationship broke down but if you spent most of your time with your boyfriend, remember your friends are there for you even when your boyfriend leaves.

Closed Thread