TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Maggie

Exclamation My Brother i worry for him - April 7th 2009, 05:53 PM

alright to start i put it here cause hes being bullied but now that i think about it i may have also classed it as depression & suicide

My younger brother is 11 and gets bullied alot and its horrible he has come home crying some days. i worry alot about him. the bullying got pretty bad to the point we had to envolve the police. he meets with a social worker in school but i still worry about him. i got to therapy because i have depression and have cut before. i dont want him to get to the point i was at for 3 years is there anything i can do? any warning signs? any help to help him? he has a teenhelp i got him on here hoping it will help if he talks about it here but he got grounded so he isnt allowed to have the computer and he wont talk to me about anything

is there anything i can do?

i love you <3
  Send a message via AIM to MaggzB Send a message via MSN to MaggzB Send a message via Yahoo to MaggzB Send a message via Skype™ to MaggzB 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: My Brother i worry for him - April 7th 2009, 05:59 PM

Hiya Maggie

Well done for being such a good sister.

All you need to do is offer your support, tell him you love him & will be there for him.

Bullying is aweful & as a family member of someone who is being bullied is horrendous.

Basically what you went through, you need to tell your brother & if he shows signs of the same that you went through, well, just be there for him & tell him it is ok.

Have you tried changing schools or getting a proffesional therapist?

Whataver you do, your a good person to look out for your brother like that.

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My Brother i worry for him - April 7th 2009, 07:05 PM

I'm going to move this to Friends & Family as I think it's better suited there than in bullying. If any mods disagree, feel free to move to the appropriate forum. [:

Maggie - Don't give up on him. Keep telling him you're there if he needs to talk about anything and try to get him to open up to you. Keeping quiet about what's going on could really affect him later on in the future. If this persists, I strongly suggest you speak with your parents about sending him to another school so he can have a 'fresh start' of sorts, where he won't have a past reputation of being bullied and no one will know he was picked on. It might really help boost his self-esteem.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: My Brother i worry for him - April 7th 2009, 10:59 PM

Hi Maggie,

You are an awesome sister, and your brother is lucky to have you care for him so much!

It seems like you and your family have gone through the right steps by getting the police and school involved in this. They'll be able to deal with it on a larger scale. Bullying is harassment, and no one deserves to be treated that way.

I think it's important that you let your brother know how much you care about him. Feel free to talk to him about these things and ways that you've gotten through some rough patches in your life. Tell him that there are better things out there.

I would also suggest to your parents to get your brother into an activity that he would enjoy. This could be an art class, drama program, sports team, language study- anything. He needs something he can feel comfortable and good about going into to help boost his self esteem. He needs to find his comfort zone somewhere, and that will help him out a lot.

I think it's great that you got him to sign up on here. I'm sure he'll find support in this
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My Brother i worry for him - April 7th 2009, 11:43 PM

Stick up for him, and show him how to be assertive. See if you can mete him after school were all of his classmates are.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Brother i worry for him - April 8th 2009, 12:42 AM

thanks guys unfortunately my parents dont see it getting as bad as i do so they wont switch his schools and there really is nothing at school that he can join he keeps to himself alot at home and is starting to in school because of the bullying i hate to see him like this i love him more then anything

i love you <3
  Send a message via AIM to MaggzB Send a message via MSN to MaggzB Send a message via Yahoo to MaggzB Send a message via Skype™ to MaggzB 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: My Brother i worry for him - April 8th 2009, 12:57 AM

Hey Maggie, I know what your on about. I always used to get bullied, and my parents ended up getting the police involved as well. Bullying is kinda what made me SH. I no longer get bullied though, people tend to mature as they get older, so I doubt he will be bullied for his whole school life. If they don't mature then he will probably find ways to no offend bullies.
All I can say is that you talk to your brother about it, it will make him feel better. And if it takes place at school then get the school to take action against the bullies.
Sometimes the only way to stop a bully is by scaring them, so not much else you can do.
Hope I helped.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Brother i worry for him - April 8th 2009, 11:14 AM

the school hasnt and basically wont do anything i have gone to them before

i love you <3
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: My Brother i worry for him - April 8th 2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggzB View Post
the school hasnt and basically wont do anything i have gone to them before
Demand action to take place, or take it to a higher place.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My Brother i worry for him - April 8th 2009, 02:36 PM

alright im putting together an activity for a school club to do at his school to deal with bullying if that doesnt help even a little im going to higher authorities

i love you <3
Closed Thread