TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
irishdancer09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alice

Unhappy don't know what to do - April 7th 2009, 10:38 PM

I really don't know what to do.
Today my family received a letter from my Grandad basically telling us that he would now only see us once a year in the summer because we do not pay him enough attention and for one year we were too busy to get round to sending christmas cards.
He directed part of the letter to me, saying that i spent too much time on the computer when he was round (i was completing coursework).
My mum has told me she will write to him telling him she doesn't want him here anymore but she's not going to stop me seeing him.
What should i do?
I'm really confused

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: don't know what to do - April 7th 2009, 10:44 PM

I'm sorry about what you're going through :[
I think you should write a letter back to him. Tell him how you feel. :]

Lawl.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: don't know what to do - April 7th 2009, 11:08 PM

Hi there,

Letters are meaningful and to the heart, but in this case, I suggest you get your grandfather on the phone and talk to him about this. Let him know directly what happened last year and how busy you were with coursework. Tell him he means a lot to you, but you were overloaded with work and had to finish it. Talking to him on the phone is more in person, and then he wont be overwhelmed by the text.

This is your grandfather, and although you had work, keep in mind that it's still important to spend time with family. Let him know you would like to spend some quality time with him and figure out a few days you could do this.

I'm sorry things are so hectic for you lately. I hope you can get this sorted out.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: don't know what to do - April 7th 2009, 11:19 PM

Respect his decision, and when you visit him be better than you were before. After showing him you can be kind, he will probably let you see him more often.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
emilyjaynescott Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Emily

Re: don't know what to do - April 9th 2009, 07:30 PM

I say you try to make it up to him. He's obviously feeling underappreciated, and maybe he just wants you to prove how much he means to you. Writing a letter, or calling him arent bad ideas, just try and do something personal so that you not only get to explain about last year, but also let him know what he means.

Time heals the wounds unhealable!

Feel free to talk to me if you ever need someone, I know how it can feel to be lost, to be found, to be disappointed and hurt. I also know that it can always get better!

Closed Thread