TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

I want to go on a walk. - April 8th 2009, 07:36 PM

Right now I feel really stressed out and sad, and because of that I feel claustrophobic, in a sense. I want to go outside and take a walk around my neighboorhood. I'm sixteen, and my mom says it's too dangerous for me to be walking around by myself. The two streets we live in are busier than most suburban streets but are generally quiet. My dad's shop and my grandparents are down the street, and my mom's friend lives down a street parallel to ours. All I wanted to do was walk that area. She thinks it's too dangerous right now. I'm really upset that I'm once again stuck in my room. How do I convince her that I'll be fine? (I have a phone too.)

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
rockerbabe12292 Offline
The One and Only
Average Joe

Name: Jocie Oeser

Re: I want to go on a walk. - April 8th 2009, 07:38 PM

Have you tried telling her why you want to go on for a walk?? maybe if you tell her your reasoning she will understand. Or do you have a friend that lives near by so that you can walk together and perhaps talk? maybe ur mom would feel more comfortable if you were with someone. I can understand her concern and your desire to get out of the house.

RIP JESSIE, JACK, & DAVID <3

CJM <3 UNTIL THE END OF TIME

<3 JOCIE

http://www.theblogofjocie.blogspot.com
  Send a message via AIM to rockerbabe12292 Send a message via MSN to rockerbabe12292 Send a message via Yahoo to rockerbabe12292  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
OohLaLa Offline
I Missed TeenHelp =)
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Re: I want to go on a walk. - April 9th 2009, 12:20 AM

I love doing that, just going for a walk really helps me clear my head and it makes me feel so much better.
Just talk to your mum, and explain, maybe she will change her mind =]

Life is too short to be anything other than happy all the time ..

Life is great!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
s_tor_m Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Tor

Re: I want to go on a walk. - April 9th 2009, 12:28 AM

I do that all the time too, it's a great way to relax and clear my head.
My mom didn't want me walking around by myself either at first. I told her that I would call and check in every 10 mins or so, so she wouldn't worry so much. Do you have a dog? If so you could bring it with you. And I agree with what's already been said. Maybe explain to her why you want to talk a walk, she might be more willing to let you go.

Off topic, but I see in your signature that your going to the Paramore No Doubt concert...me too! I'm going to the one on July 21 in Sacramento. Im sooo excited!!

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."

There is a world of difference
between refusal and failure.

Send a message via MSN to s_tor_m  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I want to go on a walk. - April 9th 2009, 12:29 AM

Hey Becca,

Have you tried asking if you could go for a walk with a friend? That might settle her down and take away her concerns. Parents always seem to like it when their kids stick in a group. That would give you someone to talk over your feelings with if you felt like it too. I think it would be a good idea if you asked your mom what she thought about that.

I think that depending on the time of day, your mom may have a right to be worried. If it's nighttime, I'd say it's completely understandable. But if it's in daylight and there are people around, I'm not sure why she's so worried about it.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: I want to go on a walk. - April 9th 2009, 12:38 AM

Hey Becca.

Like Nat said, if your mom wasn't allowing you to take a walk some time during nighttime, then I think it's completely understandable that she wouldn't allow you to. But if it was during daylight, then I honestly am not sure why she wouldn't allow you to go. Maybe she feels a bit uncomfortable with you walking on busy roads? Or maybe she simply wanted you home at the time being. I suppose that I would suggest having a talk with her, let her know that you are safe and can be trusted. I also think that it might be a good idea to take someone with you if you can, and if she will allow you. I know that sometimes it's nice to take walks alone by yourself, though, and I would suggest talking to her and making sure that she can trust you by keeping yourself safe.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#7 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I want to go on a walk. - April 9th 2009, 01:52 AM

Aw I love going for walks at night. I'd go with you :-p. For a male to walk at night it's pretty safe, but for a possibly attractive girl to be walking about alone at night is probably not safe.

Try to get a friend to go with you. Go to a park swing on some swings.

Closed Thread