TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Swimgirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question My Family is making me sick (literally) - July 19th 2012, 04:21 AM

Lately, I've had trouble eating. During the summer, I'm secluded from my friends and surrounded by my family. My sister does a lot of things that make me stressed out (like trying to claim and isolate the family dog as her own even though I chose him and she was gone for a year at college and he's only a year old). My dad has been extra rude, and keeps talking to us and saying things like we should all move out because he doesn't want us. My mom is constantly buzzing around, and pointing out if I don't exercise enough, or if I worry too much about how I look once i have exercised. All of these characters in one house makes me so stressed that almost every time I eat I have to stop and get super nacious. I had less problems in the year my sister went to college, but she has no more plans of moving back out. Now, she wants to coach a high school swim team (and go to every meet and practice) and swimming has been my only place to relax away from everyone for five to six years. I don't know what to do so that I can eat more than one meal a day, and eat the whole thing as well. I'd really like not to get sick.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: My Family is making me sick (literally) - July 21st 2012, 03:57 PM

Just calm down and go into some part of your mind where they aren't there. Then try to eat. Don't starve yourself because your family is driving you up the wall!
Are you old enough to move out? If this continues, you might want to consider doing that. Or move in with a friend. It's better than constant starving and stress. Good luck.
I'll pray for you.
- Collies R Us aka Ally

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Quacker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My Family is making me sick (literally) - July 21st 2012, 06:01 PM

telling you that things get better is cliche but true. try talking to your sister about it but if that doesnt work don't give up your swimming but DO go find something else you can do in your spare time to get away from it all when you have to. without that you'll drive yourself crazy. good luck with it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My Family is making me sick (literally) - July 22nd 2012, 03:11 AM

Stress and anxiety CAN literally make you sick, and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble eating. =( What I would suggest is eating your meals elsewhere, if possible. That might mean eating in your room with the door closed, going to a nearby park and eating there, etc. If you're feeling stressed, don't eat. Wait until you've managed to calm down. I like to read a good book or start watching a movie, so I can "escape" mentally. For some people, it's also easier to eat when you're doing something else at the same time.

Closed Thread