TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Blocking someone's number - August 2nd 2012, 04:45 AM

Ok, so there is this guy I WAS friends with. He just got REALLY annoying cause he'd text me every day just to be like "hey" "what's up" and literally NEVER had anything to say for himself, he'd say "I'm bored" all the fucking time and it was like Get. A. Hobby. Like jeez. I HATE pointless texting so I found this annoying. And it was the last straw when I was asking him about an organization he has been involved with during high school that I wanted to volunteer with and he said I should do it but only if I sent him personal pics. I was REALLY offended. To me, making that sort of request is BEYOND disgusting. Like it actually infuriates me that he dared to say such a thing, I really don't give a shit if it was a "joke", it's totally unacceptable. And I was already pissed off cause he was saying sexist stuff (ex. woman shouldn't be allowed in the military, not in the soldiering parts any how). So I really want nothing to do with him now. But he keeps texting me and keeps just saying some version of "hi" "hello" "howdy" "hola" etc and it's like omg stfu, I haven't answered for like a month and even though last time he said hi to me on facebook I said I don't really want to talk cause I don't want to deal with inappropriate questions he must think that never happened cause he KEEPS saying just "hi" and never anything else. It's actually legitimately annoying me now. I have an HTC sensation, and it allows me to block numbers, but does that only apply to automatically declining phone calls? Cause I desperately want to have the texts not delivered to my phone, I don't want him trying to text me all the time. It's annoying as hell. I'm starting to think I'll just have to tell him to fuck off.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#2 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Re: Blocking someone's number - August 2nd 2012, 08:24 AM

Hey there,

Yeah, I could see why you'd want this guy off your back and I don't blame you. Personally, I would get rid of him too. I think the first thing you should try is making it clear to him that you don't wish to communicate with him any longer. Maybe one of the times he says hello over text, you can politely tell him not to text you anymore and that you are done with the friendship. Then if he still doesn't comply and continues trying to get ahold of you, I would block his number from your phone and delete him/block him off of Facebook as well. I don't think he has a right at all to ask you for those pictures, regardless of he was joking around or not. But to be fair to him, I would suggest you ask him to leave you alone again before you do decide to block him. Ask him once. If he doesn't listen, just go ahead and block him anyway. Hope this helps! =) If you have any questions or need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to PM or VM me and I'd love to help you out. =)

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Blocking someone's number - August 2nd 2012, 08:47 AM

I personally would recommend going with your instinct and blocking that person. Depending on the person; telling them to "stop contacting you" can make a person more agitated and send even more messages, this time a lot more desperate and frequent attempts for a "2nd chance".

Unfortunately, blocking numbers from your phone will only work for calls and you still will receive text messages from them. To block text messages, you can have it done by downloading a third party application (search Text Blocker on the play store). I have never tried it before but I believe that you are able to do this by also calling your mobile phone provider.

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
joeblow9999 Offline
I'm back! (sorta)
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Blocking someone's number - August 2nd 2012, 09:30 AM

As Scoiattolo suggested, there are apps available to block texts from certain numbers. And definitely block his Facebook as well, he probably won't get the message that you aren't interested as long as you're keeping him in your friends list.

Feel free to leave me a VM anytime, I don't bite. :3

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ---Neil deGrasse Tyson

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Blocking someone's number - August 2nd 2012, 03:35 PM

It's just been so long since I wanted to block someone. It feels so juvenile. But I don't really have any other choice do I? Cause last night I told him I didn't really want to talk and why and supposedly he had fucking FORGOTTEN what he said (supposedly) and that's REALLY not helping the case. I mean, he said sorry, but that's not really good enough for me. I just plain old don't want to talk to him any more and I quite quickly told him I was "going to bed" even though I wasn't just to shut him up. I think I have to block him on facebook at the very least and just keep deleting his texts on the spot until I decide whether or not i want to contact my provider about blocking a number cause what's worse is that he NEVER says anything. Maybe if occasionally he had a reason to be texting me, I would be more inclined to answer and find it less annoying but it's the fact that he only ever says "hi" and like 95% of the time all he says is "I'm good" "I'm bored" etc and NEVER has anything to say for himself it's really fucking annoying, but not to mention that I DON'T really want to be his friend also I REALLY REALLY don't want to have mindless texting conversations with ANY ONE If I am texting someone it is for a reason. Its cause I have something to say to them or want to hang out, I don't waste my time just wanting to be like "hi, what's up" I have better things to do with my time if someone doesn't even have anything to say

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Greenie Offline
ribbit
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Amy

Re: Blocking someone's number - August 4th 2012, 01:55 AM

I had a person similar to this texting/facebooking me all the time, so yeah, I feel your frustration. I was hesitant about the whole blocking thing but there was this single message that pushed over the edge. It was such a relief to know he was blocked from Facebook!
As for my phone, well the phone companies in Australia couldn't stop the text messages but he was put on this warning system of some sort. I ended up feeling more comfortable by changing my phone number, even though it was a hassle.

Definitely block this person from Facebook and definitely do something (like the app above mentioned) or a number change if absolutely necessary to stop those texts! If yor phone company is unhelpful, call a service like 'nuisance caller line' who the phone company should be able to direct you too.

It's annoying/time consuming and can make you feel a little mean, but the relief to know that person has been remove from yor life as much as possible will be rewarding.

Be like the turtle;
at ease in your own shell.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Blocking someone's number - August 4th 2012, 04:05 AM

If you've already made it clear you don't want to talk with him, explicitly stated why you find his texts to be annoying, and asked him to stop contacting you but all have failed more than once, then there should be no doubt that blocking his phone number and texts are necessary. You can also block him on Facebook and whatever other outlets he uses to contact you. It may infuriate him but that's just something he has to get over by himself.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Blocking someone's number - August 4th 2012, 05:09 AM

Greenie, it's not bad enough to change my number over, I've blocked him on facebook, but I think since I talked to him the other day maybe he'll finally take the hint and stop texting me? cause yeah, like I already said why... If he doesn't leave me alone, at least for a good long while, I'm not going to be so polite any more

Closed Thread