TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
withers3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I just need a little help - September 2nd 2012, 09:01 PM

Hello
Recently I have become relatively good friends with a new person, he and I get on great (although we mainly communicate online i.e. facebook, we haven't really hung out before- we will be doing so in two days though!) and we have very similar interests, fashion taste and hairstyles- which stand out in our conservative wealthy town. Unfortunately he is going to be moving away, to start a college course- he is a couple of years older than me- and I will struggle to spend anymore time in person with him. I have been a lot happier since we began communicating, it actually pulled me out of a very depressive phase, and now he is leaving and he won't be able to chat as much.
As well as this I am going back to my school, which also saddens me as it is a very pushy competitive place, which I don't really like. I'd rather draw and daydream, plus I am quite intelligent and tend to get tops marks in the class, if not year group, which means people try to compete with me, which annoys the hell out of me. If they do better they put me down, and try to lord it over me, if they do worse they often try to upset me. I do not know how well i can cope with both things.
On top of everything I left my friendship group last year, as they bitched a lot and were very judgmental, so now only have a small number of friends, who each have alternate friendship groups which don't really get on with me. this means I am going to be lonely or have to make new friends, which I struggle with as i am fairly paranoid and/or feel like I'm intruding.
Sorry for the long post, I needed to vent my anxieties. I need some advice please. (Thank you) xx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: I just need a little help - September 2nd 2012, 09:18 PM

I love it where I can empathise.
I'm lucky that I have great friends, but I know exactly what you mean with the marks. (although I can't draw to save my life, so dreaming and drawing isn't exactly a combination for me).

Having a small group of select friends, in or out of a friendship group can be really great. Just make the best of what you've got - ie. enjoy being with the few nice people rather than loads of not-so-nice people.

Keeping talking to the guy, and if you can, maybe make arrangements to see each other at weekends, etc.
If he's going to "college" (I put that in quotation marks because I don't know which country/contact that is!), he's becoming more independant - hopefully he'll have more time that he can set aside to try and see you.

Of course, this depends how far he's moving away, but if it's not too far, and/or there's public transport, why not try?

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
withers3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I just need a little help - September 2nd 2012, 09:23 PM

I'm in the uk, he is going to college instead of A2s.
Unfortunately he is moving to an hard to get to area, but not impossible so in theory i could get there. I do extra curricular activities though on weekends, and it is a while away so I do not think my mother will let me go.
Thanks for the reply, It's always nice to find somebody who emphasises

Closed Thread