TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

How do I make things right with her? - September 6th 2012, 05:23 AM

A couple of years ago I stopped talking to one of my best friends, Allyssa, because she became obsessed with sex and started using guys, sometimes she even went as far as getting engaged to them, until they had sex with her. Everytime she got "engaged" or had sex she would call, text, or message me on facebook just to tell me every detail. I kept trying to just let it go, but I finally got tired of hearing about it and told her that until she got the help she needed to never talk to me again and I took some of the things I was trying to deal with out on her. She used to cause so much drama all the time.

6 months ago I had a dream that one of my other friends brought Alyssa to the store I worked at, I actually don't have a job but for some reason in my dream I did. As soon as I saw Alyssa I got really upset and went to the bathroom and they followed me. She kept asking what she did to make me stop talking to her and I just started yelling at her. After awhile we were walking around the store talking and my other friend kinda disappeared and Alyssa and I were fine. It was like nothing ever happened.

Ever since I had that dream I've been trying to find her on Facebook. About an hour ago I finally found her and she's married, but its not to any of the guys she was "engaged" to. We were best friends for 2 years and I miss her, but I don't need anymore drama. I know I shouldn't have taken things out on her because most of it didn't have anything to do with her. Its something I do when I try to deal with too much at one time. How do I make things right with her?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
00escada00 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah

Re: How do I make things right with her? - September 6th 2012, 10:05 AM

We all say things that we regret to people, but the important thing is that we also have to apologise for the things that we said. This is where I think you should start, by apologising to Alyssa and explaining that you took your other frustrations out on her. Hopefully, you will be able to start rebuilding your friendship from there. Take things slowly and hopefully you will once again have a great friendship.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ronnymajani Offline
RonnyM
Not a n00b

Name: Ronny Majani

Re: How do I make things right with her? - September 15th 2012, 08:42 PM

Hi Rising_Angel123011,
I agree with what Escada said and would just like to add,
that in general (I believe) dreams reflect our true and deepest desires, so basically you really want to make up for what you did, and be friends again (and want a job :P)
And the more important thing that I'm sure about, is that whether the dream was or wasn't your desires, the fact that you still care about how she feels and that you care about her to a level that you want to apologize proves that you really do miss her and want to make things right.
And maybe you should give the friendship thing another chance, you never know you might become good friends again, and I'm sure that you accepting her once again and saying that your sorry is more than enough to make her happy and she might also feel guilty and want to make things right to.
Hope I helped a bit more.

RonnyM ~ Doing nothing since 1997

Closed Thread