TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mdoyle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Friend Problems - October 6th 2012, 03:19 AM

So, I'm new to this site, and I wanted to thank google for bringing me here. It seems like a great site to get help from.

To the point, it's about friends. First, its my first semester in college, and I'm finding it tough to make friends. I do have one friend though, only because hes talkative and out going. We sit together in all classes and we're paired together for every group assignment. Other than that, nobody talks to me. Its been a month and I thought I might have friends by now. This is not bugging me that bad, but its the first problem.

Second, this year I made the golf team at my college. I was so happy to make it and so was my coach. We kept in touch all summer long and she was happy to put me on the team. I did not play up to my full potential though, and I could tell she was not happy about it. Earlier this week I was chosen as the alternate to go to provincials in Windsor for 4 days. I was so happy after I thought I wasn't going. I thought it would be amazing. I had recently been talking to a girl on the team about a week before Windsor. We talked everyday leading up to the trip and I thought it would be a lot more relaxing knowing she would talk to me and acknowledge me. The bus ride there was great. She talked to me and goofed around. We then played together in the practice round when we got to Windsor. It was great. She talked to me and was having fun. That night at team dinner, it all went downhill. We sat beside each other (not purposely), and she never said a word to me all night. That night my parents were unhappy about me sleeping on the couch (3 guys to a room), so my coach got me my own room, only on a different floor. I missed out on everything just to get a better night sleep. On all the bus rides to and from the golf course, nobody talked to me. In fact, every single bus ride, I was sitting there quiet while everyone was talking amongst themselves. It was a horrible feeling. Every time I said something out loud, either nobody would hear me, or they chose not to answer. There was 7 people that went, so I'm pretty sure they all heard me! The girl I mentioned previously never said a word to me the whole trip after day 1, and never even looked at me. That was 2 days ago, and she hasn't texted me or anything. The bus ride back home was aggravating. I sat there all by myself waiting for somebody to talk to me, and nobody did. I'm a shy person so I'm not outgoing. That may contribute to my problem, but like I said, every time I tried, either nobody heard me, or chose not to answer.

I just felt like a tag along the whole tournament. I think nobody liked me. Nobody knows each other, because theres only 1 veteran on the team. I wanted to cry myself to sleep every night there but I knew that would be stupid.

Opinions please?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Friend Problems - October 6th 2012, 06:25 AM

Hey mate, welcome to the site

It may take some time to become familiar with everyone and have friendships start up. Be greatful that you DO have a friend to chill with.

Concerning the golfing tournament, which I congratulate you on (I used to play when I was younger, and I mean younger haha, my mums' room mate was a golf teacher.) they might have been jealous, they had to bunk with other peopl and you got your own room.
They probably thought you were getting extra attention so they just ignored you. People often do that, to try and undermine the "authority" you have. if they knew what had happened they may have relaxed a bit and included you in a conversation.

See you around,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Closed Thread