TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
aqua Offline
retro machine comes inbetween
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sian

Unhappy These two friends i have ok.... - November 1st 2012, 10:11 PM

I have a problem with both of them. Basically for those who dont know, i go to college (which is like the last two years of high school in a america, i think)
and i mean dont get me wrong they are both great genuine friends
but seriously
they drive me round the bend.

Ill start with my first friend, ill call her Emily.
Emily is really into manga, and like japanese stuff ok? I mean fair enough, she likes it. But she talks about it
ALL
THE
TIME
literally. None. Stop.
Whatever you say she will relate something japanese animation/game based to it.

I just dont know what to do with her at times i just want to tell her to shut up but i just cant because ill feel horrible.

The second friend, ill call her Colette.
Ok, Colette likes manga too but she doesnt talk about it all the time like Emily does. Colette and Emily both like to 'roleplay' things and they constantly talk about 'whats going to happen' in their roleplay When really i dont see much point in it, so i have nothing to say.
Moving on, Colette is just one of those people who just cant do ANYTHING wrong.
You know? The type that doesn't swear, is really quiet, gets on with their work etc. Not only that though, but she literally is a tutors pet.
It really grinds my gears.
She gets top marks every time too.

Sometimes i want to slap them both but yet they are really good friends to me and i just cant bring myself to say "look, you know you really need a bit more of a wider fucking conversational range".

So yep. Help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: These two friends i have ok.... - November 1st 2012, 11:33 PM

Oh boy... I can really relate to this! When I was in high school, I had two friends who were OBSESSED with anime/manga/roleplaying. That was all they would talk about, when given the chance. I like anime/manga as well, but I had plenty of other interests as well, and it frustrated me when they went on and on AND ON about stuff that I didn't care as much about. I ended up doing two things: 1) I expanded my group of friends, so I would hang out with those two girls on some days and other friends on other days, and 2) I shared my interests with those two friends and tried to get them involved in what I liked to do. Admittedly, the first option was much more successful than the second option... so I'd start off by doing that! They may be good friends, but that doesn't mean you have to drive yourself crazy by spending ALL your time with them!

On another note, I don't think it's fair to be upset at your friend for being good at school. She has some wonderful qualities, and they're worth celebrating! If you're upset because her success makes you feel insecure, then that's worth exploring on your own. She may get higher marks than you, but that doesn't mean she's better than you at everything!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AdriH Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: These two friends i have ok.... - November 2nd 2012, 05:37 PM

Hey there.

you know? I used to be like that some years ago. Everytime I was my friends, I would spend most of the time talking with only one of them about manga, anime and other things that the rest of my friends didn't like. Until my best friend told me that she would like to be able to talk to me about other things, things we could enjoy together. I didn't realize what I was doing until then. While I still talk about manga and anime, I try to talk to the rest of my friends about other things.

Don't feel horrible, friends should be able not only to tell you how much they love you, but to show you when you are wrong. Talk to her

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: These two friends i have ok.... - November 3rd 2012, 01:12 PM

Hey there, just talk with them about it. I am also a lover of roleplaying and manga but love Black Bulter (best show ever created). Anyway, just show them why it bothers you and if they could limit the amount of "rp speak" around you.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Closed Thread