TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LillyTheFangirl Offline
Kpop <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lilly

Angry Can't forgive mom for cheating! - November 4th 2012, 01:40 AM

So my mom cheated on my dad last year when I was 12 and I've been pissed off at her ever since then. Whenever I visit I just play on my ipad and act like a bitch to her. I live with my dad, and my mom (that I don't even call mom anymore) lives with her fat, ugly [Edited] boyfriend that I hate (and he has an STD and gave it to my mom). Well now I dislike my mom and her boyfriend, and they might get married. But at the same time I want to forgive her but at the same time I just wanna slap her so hard her head turns.

Last edited by Chris; November 4th 2012 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Unnecessary rudeness

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Can't forgive mom for cheating! - November 4th 2012, 01:07 AM

[Edited]

And instead of acting like a bitch to her (cause, come on, no matter how angry you are how is that fair) why don't you at least tone it down there. Just because someone becomes a parent doesn't exempt them from screwing up. And it is to bad that you had to see something like this. I know my ex who had a sister who he was 6 years older than, and when his step dad (her biological dad) had an affair with another woman (he was married to their mom) no one told her because she was to young and they didn't want her relationship with her dad to be affected by that information. But any how, have you just tried approaching your mom with how you feel? Why don't you just tell her you resent the fact that she cheated on your dad and that you are angry with her. Don't treat her with hostility, just give her a chance to tell you what happened from her point of view. It might not have been a happy marriage for her, and while it didn't excuse it, people can make mistakes, especially if they aren't happy with their lives. Parents can screw up too. But treating your mom like crap for the rest of your life just because you are angry isn't ok either. Just talk to her, tell her how angry you are about what she did instead of bottling it up.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Last edited by Chris; November 4th 2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Removed reponse to OP's unnecessary rudeness.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Can't forgive mom for cheating! - November 6th 2012, 05:48 AM

I'm sorry hun, i'm going through a very similar situation with my father. I try not to be mean to him because I do understand I need to take him as he is, but there's still SO much anger and hurt I harbor over it. Lily, it will take a long time for you to heal over this. I have known for only about 4 weeks and i still hurt. Looks like you've known much longer. But part of healing is giving your parent a chance. Like the girl above me said, everyone makes mistakes. You can't erase mistakes. But you yourself can learn from them and hopefully your mother can too so she doesn't do the same thing again. But please hun, please still love your mother because in the end, she is still your mama. Just like my father is still my daddy. She does care about you, even though she is making some poor decisions right now.

Closed Thread