TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

won't take no for answer ? - November 13th 2012, 11:05 PM

So basically I have this friend - we're supposed to be well best friends - we've known each other so long we're like sisters in some ways I suppose. But the thing is she expects too much of me she will ask me for money and ask me me well more demand that I help her with her college course - now the thing is this does stress me out - I have my own personnal issues which I feel unable to tell my friend about - so it is tricky. Anyway today we are at the store and she needs a top which as far as I was aware she had the money for with her - she doesn't so instantly asks me I tell her yes I have money on me but I need it for work tomorrow as I need to get to work somehow. So she kicks off in the store, swearing and shouting, and my mums friend works in the store so do quite a few people I know. I'm still telling my friend no but eventually becuase I feel so embarrased and mortified by my friends behaviour I give her the money. I know I shouldn't have but she just won't take no for an answer and will go on and on and on till she gets her own way. Also at mine she phoned her friends and started arguing with them shouting, swearing on the phone - my dads in the room next door and I am trying to calm this friend down and such like. Once my friend wnet home dad lectured me on it all. What am I supposed to do ? Distancing myself and the silent treatment has not worked and she will not take no for an answer . Any ideas what to do. I am going to talk to her well try to talk to her. I feel like crying because of what happened today and how I'm going to get to work on wednesday I don't quite know...

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: won't take no for answer ? - November 16th 2012, 03:19 AM

I realy think you need to talk to her about it, tell her that you feel as though she is taking advantage of you by ALWAYS asking her to give her money, you should let her know you don't mind occasionally doing so but that you feel like she is abusing your willingness to do so. You need to tell her that her outburst was humiliating for you and that she is to old to behave like that. you are in the right here by the sounds of it, if she can't listen to reason then you may want to reevaluate thh

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread