TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
faded rainbow Offline
Not a n00b

she wont listein - April 15th 2009, 09:57 PM

my friend...ive known her so long since we were little and i care about her so so much i do but i dont know how much more i can take
i dont see her a lot quite frankly she loves drawing attention to herself and i dont so dont enjoy being out with her, but she cares shes the only one who ever asks after me if she sees my mum the only one whos really ever understood me maybe cos she self harmed to
but thats the problem i know she cares about me and i listein to her but when i say i care about her and want to help her it falls on deaf ears
shes been through a lot i dont know what to believe (shes a tendancy to exagerate bit of an attention seeker) but i believe that she needs proffesional help
i suggessted she go to a couincillor cos i went and it helped me i asked her to just give it a go its a free place and if she doesnt find it helps then fine dont go back but at least try it i gave her the number the address everything she promised she'd make an appointment but she hasnt
i know shes been bulimic, theres barely anything of her shes just bones but she cant see that she thinks shes fat
i dont know if shes still self harming , i dont know whats going on with her head she wont really open up she just talks jiberish and it worries me the things she says
i cant wach her self destruct im scared im gona loose a friend and i dont mean loose her i can see her killing herself if shes not careful, ive seen my cousin becom anorexic she survived but not before being hospitalised and fed through tubes i cant wach a best friend do that to herself but she wont listein to me and i dont know what to do ....

im just so tired of being here
suppresed by all my childish fears

these wounds wont seem to heal
this pain is just too real
theres just too much that time cannot erase

waterloo road fans http://petitions.tigweb.org/saveeddie

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

Re: she wont listein - April 15th 2009, 11:32 PM

Hello. It is very commendable that you're such a loyal friend. Although I don't have any definite answers, I will offer some suggestions.

Try to avoid talking about it in casual settings, or mentioning it in passing. If you get a few minuets alone with her, don't start going on about bulimia or SH. She might attempt to push you away, and as someone on the receiving side of such opinions, it gets really nettlesome, really fast. Instead just try to make her feel good and happy. Talk about irrelevant things that donít cause stress. Allow her to vent if she needs to.

Try to have a long sit down conversation with her, where you won't be interrupted. Face to face. Don't judge. And try not to talk about her problems outside of these discussions, unless she wants to.

This could be very wrong things to do, but I'm just saying what would probably work on me. Good luck. Stay strong.

Sincerely,

Imaginary

myspace.com/lonesome_fish for poetry. I like feedback sometimes. And I like smiley faces .

Closed Thread