TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Brad28 Offline
I like to make my own titles..
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Not sure how to handle this. - April 16th 2009, 03:06 AM

Hi,
I really need people advice here, ive been arguing heaps woth my mum latly, we are talking like every 2 days or so. All our fights are over my stomech, since i was born i have had stomech pain, we got from docter to docer trying to find out whats wrong, but, no docter can figue it out..... i have had many operations ect. But now we are just plain trying anything and i think this is stupid and most likely harmfull to my body. But, i do try to take everything she asks me to take and i usually do but then somtimes i ask her is all this stuff going to be good for me in the long run and thats when she gets angry, saying, i do all i can do for you and i would never do anything to hurt you ect but then she starts to get angry and starts telling me that im not doing everything to help myself and that shes not going to help anymore if i dont do everything she asks, when i am doing everything she asks......grrrrr its so fustrarting.....
But the thing is that all these fights have more started to happen since i told here i do not want to swim competivly anymore, i was one at a very elite stage in my swimming carrer (Olympic trails) when i decided to quit because i was not enjoying it anymore because of the politices in swimming and just people fighting between each other in clubs ect....

Please i really need some advice on this in what to do because i can not take this anymore with my mum....everyday its just the same thing....fight fight fight fight fight..... I never thought i would say this but im starting to dislike her......

Please help!

.....brad

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: Not sure how to handle this. - April 16th 2009, 11:59 AM

Hey Brad! Welcome to the boards. I'm Katrina; it's lovely of you to join us.

Let's see, I argue with my mom sometimes too about different medications for things. The thing is, when I look back on it a year or a month later, I usually realize she was just trying to do what was best for me and she was getting angry when I wasn't trying to do what was best for me. Which is fair, right? So, maybe that's how your mom feels. I bet she's frustrated with herself that she can't help her son's stomach to feel better [after all, if you were a dad, you'd be frustrated for the same reason, right?]. So, just keep that in mind, okay? Try to help yourself by doing what the doctors and your mom ask you to do. It can't help if you don't give it a try. [:

Yeah, I know how you feel about the swimming. I was training pretty intensely for a while back when I was about thirteen, but I just got..tired of it and went for dancing, instead. Unfortunately, even though I don't like swimming, I'm still being made to do it over the summer [on a fairly "easy" team]. Whatever, though. Know that by letting you quit, your mom does respect your opinion and your feelings. If she didn't, I'm sure she'd still make you swim very rigorously.

Take care of yourself, Brad.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
Closed Thread