TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
just-me Offline
Hiding In this shadow
Not a n00b

what do your family and friends mean to you? - April 19th 2009, 09:51 AM

as the qstn says what do they mean to you?

to me, my family mean so much, almost everything, they are the main reasons for my mood swings weather it is from good to bad or bad to good. weather they cause me wanting to go over the edge or save me, they mean everything. my mum has brought up 4 teenagers after dad left just my me and my sister turned 12 and my bros 17 and 15. she brought us up to be the best we can and i dont think anyone could ask for someone better. my family have been my strength through the bad days and i know damn right if it wasnt for my mum there is no doubt i would be here. my bro lost his best friend, for us an adopted sister, and he has struggled everyday, we all do but him more, and mum will be there at 4am crying with him telling him it will get better. they make me laugh as our humor is so abscure, but thats us.
my family are so much to me.

my friends, they are pretty much the life savers. when things get bad at home i fall on them, they lift me up when things go wrong and throuh everything that have stayed by my side no matter how much i tried and begged to push them away. they wouldnt let me leave. we have the best times although there are only about 20 who are like this, its all i need to be complete. i love them.

My family saved me and my friends keep me sane. thats what they mean to me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: what do your family and friends mean to you? - April 19th 2009, 01:56 PM

Hey,

What do my family and friends mean to me?

Certain members of my family mean so much to me, for example; my mum, dad, sister, a handful of
my cousins, my grandma and my auntie. I love the others but those are the ones who are most special to me and mean the most.

My friends save me from going off the rails they can tell me when I need to calm down on drinking or I need to take things a little more easy, they just help me through it all really.
They are amazing.

To me my family are where my heart is and my friends are the people who have saved my life.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: what do your family and friends mean to you? - April 19th 2009, 07:08 PM

This is a really great topic idea I'm really happy for all of you and the support your friends and family give you.

My family is really important to me, no matter how annoying they can be ^^; I can talk to my mom about almost anything, my dad cares so much about me, my sister can be a lot of fun and I love her- she's so much like me, it's crazy! And my brother is always around to cheer me up. He's like my best friend and the coolest guy I know.

And I can talk to my friends about nearly everything, and stuff I can't talk to anyone else about. They are the most supportive, funny, helpful, kind, and lovable people I know. They are always there for me, and even though we tease each other, they are like my other family.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Minor Seventh Offline
Mariedledee
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Seventh

Re: what do your family and friends mean to you? - April 20th 2009, 01:13 AM

My family offers me the best friends I could ever have, my sister is my absolute best friend and I love her to death. One of my cousins is a month older than me, and she has offered me a lot of good times throughout the year.
In short: My family is the most valuble thing I have.
A lot of my friend offer the same amount of comfort and strength as my family, and they're all great people

If you took a chisel, and cracked yourself open
Letting light into the corners of your mind,
Peering inside your soul,
What would the world find?
Deep on the inside, where all your hopes happen,
All your hidden dreams die
Smiles that never happened? Tears you meant to cry?

Visit my gallery to see more of my writings, as well as art and photography ^_^
~*~ http://minor-seventh.deviantart.com/ ~*~

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Bishougen Offline
<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Helen

Re: what do your family and friends mean to you? - April 20th 2009, 02:35 PM

I'm not really sure, I think alot of times I've taken them for granted. All of my distant relatives are overseas, it'll probably be pretty awkward when we do get together since I haven't seen them for years and speak my first language with the coherency of a primary schooler. I don't talk to my dad often and when we do it's all superficial, sadly I seem to get along with his girlfriend better than him. Mum on the other hand has always been my rock, lately it's been hard to feel strong emotions for her because of some things that have distanced us, but I know if I were to ever loose her it would mean looseing the closest, most secure relationship I've ever had with a human being. As for friends, Iíve pretty much lost contact with most of them now that weíve moved on to tertiary studies. We met up three, maybe four times last year but even thatíll probably die down as time goes by. Honestly there's been alot of hurt in these relationships and I'd rather let it go.

Closed Thread