TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kayla200 Offline
Average Joe

I don't understand my mom at all please help - April 19th 2009, 04:49 PM

Ok so my mom is well....wow she is like a super mom bent on helping everyone and everything...yet she can't seem to understand me as she swears over and over she does....I mean there are times she'll be completly normal and there are other times she will be like....hmm....over jokeing,excentric and she will say stuff like if there going to kill themselves then they need to stop talking about it and do it...meaning my friends and hers....she trys to help kids and people yet she never understands fully why they act as they do...she thinks everyone is a head case and has every little thing wrong with them possible accept her....she thinks I'm the rotten kid as I may be but she dosn't understand that I am my own person and need to make my own mystakes and learn from them as I've had many a time....for example she said my ex was a horrible person which he was and that everything I did because I was with him was wrong...when me and my ex broke up and I was crying she came out and said ha ha well he was fat anyway....ferther more she can not controll my brother as I swear he is bi polar and will break stuff and cuss and scream yet on some days he will be the nicest person ever...and now she is adopting a baby that isn't even born yet from a drugg adict which I'm assuming scence she has work I will be takeing care of 24/7 and what i don't understand is if she can't controll my bro and can't even understand most people then how can she take in another kid....I'm sooo lost when it comes to my mother that its not even funny...please help
~Kayla~

btw I've tryed talking to her a mill times

R.I.P Lee, Logan, Austin 3/5/09

As tears fall from my eyes,I realized I didn't know them as much as I knew everyone else,Yet what I knew was they where apart of me in different ways,And as I watched them be put in the ground,Their spirits floating,Apart of me went with them...........You will forever be missed and loved...Never forgotten

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I don't understand my mom at all please help - April 19th 2009, 07:16 PM

Hi Kayla,

I don't think your mom is trying to be mean by what she says, and she probably doesn't even know how inappropriate she is with those kinds of comments. I'm guessing this is her way of cracking a joke. Even with what she said after you and your ex broke up, it sounds like she was just trying to make you feel better. It's not the 'hug and soothing comments' trying to make you feel better, but I do think she cares about you and just thought you deserved someone better.

I know you've tried talking to her already, but it's really all you can do about this. You need to talk to her and you need to make sure she understands that what she says can sometimes be inappropriate and hurt peoples' feelings. Also, it would probably be a good idea to suggest that your brother get checked out and see a doctor about the way he is behaving.

As for the baby she is adopting, that should be her responsibility. You can help out, and I think it would be great if you did help your mom with taking care of the baby, but don't take on the whole thing yourself.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kayla200 Offline
Average Joe

Re: I don't understand my mom at all please help - April 20th 2009, 11:33 PM

Yeah but see I've been like an adult ever scence I've been 5 I've cooked,cleaned and helped out in any way I could...I've scence stoped doing as much as before because I got sick and tired of me and my mom doing everything but..idk I mean I will mostly be stuck with my new "brother or sister" and in a way I don't mind because well Idk when ever kids are around I go into "mother mode" lol yeah I know its odd but I do...but at the same time I got to worry about school and other things on that matter...and about my brother well....mom already thinks he is bi polar and refuses to get him checked lol idk why but she does....and its hard I've only got 1 chance at passing 11th grade which I am now because of a tutor but its like this....every time mom has a bad day I become the adult and take care of her or if she's sick I take care of her....I mean idk.....and I know that her jokeing is a way for her to try and like be nice and confort and or annoy me but I continusly tell her that sometimes its to much and she never gets it...I mean sometimes I need her to be scerious or listen to my point of view on things...but when she has it set in her mind that she's right theres nothing changing her mind....I'm sick of liveing up to my little brother I mean everything he does is ok and good and awesome and everything I do isn't good enough I just don't know what to do.....I'm stressed 24/7 as I'm not well liked at school and it doesn't help when I come home and I have to deal with everything here....I've been depressed and down and I used to do horrible things to deal with that and although I have no ententions on going back to at least most of what I used to do I don't see how it will be possible for me not to go back to some of it...I'm just plane out lost I don't even know myself anymore....
~Kayla~

R.I.P Lee, Logan, Austin 3/5/09

As tears fall from my eyes,I realized I didn't know them as much as I knew everyone else,Yet what I knew was they where apart of me in different ways,And as I watched them be put in the ground,Their spirits floating,Apart of me went with them...........You will forever be missed and loved...Never forgotten

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kim

Re: I don't understand my mom at all please help - April 22nd 2009, 04:15 PM

you'll be 18 soon, and you can go out on your own. this seems like a toxic environment, you should get out. till then, you could try to get a job (so long as it won't interfere with school) and try to ignore your mom and brother, just think about what it will be like in a few months when you are on your own!

PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.

What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.

Closed Thread