TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tericon Offline
The Waistcoated Wonder
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Nat

Exclamation Interrogated..by my friend's mum - April 19th 2009, 07:41 PM

Ok, so here's the story in a nutshell.

My friend, let's call her 'C', bought her prom dress and showed it me. She told me not to tell anyone what colour it was or what it looked like. I agreed, thinking perhaps she was being a tad melodramatic, she wanted to 'shock' everyone. Her mother said if i did blab, she'd 'hunt me down.' She said it in quite a jokey way, but from previous experiance, i knew it was far from it.

Ok, so yesterday, I slept over at a friends house with C and another girl. C brought up prom dresses and the other two started asking her about hers. She said she had one but wasn't going to tell them what it looked like. They pestered and pestered and then they started guessing. One got it eright first guess and i just burst out laughing. I figured, by now it was pretty obvious that she'd guessed correctly, so i confirmed it with a simple 'yes.' My friend wasn't ecstatic exactly, but she wasn't upset exactly, i aplogised and we didn't talk about it again.

So tonight, i recieve a text from her mother saying how 'disappointed' she was and that she 'no longer trusts me.' I apologised yet again, but then had her talking to me on facebook through her daughters account, teling me i was 'heartless.'

Now, i do think this is a slight overreaction. Yes, i was in the wrong, i acept the responsiblity on my part, but personally, i find it quite odd frankly, that her mother feels the need to fight these petty little battles that her daughter could fight easily on her own. Theres something uncomfortable about it...its just not something i would do, at least not to that extent or for something as trivial if i was a parent.

Previously i've fallen out with this woman before, but usually we get on quite well. I think this is more of a rant really than a plea for advice, but has anyone had any similar experiances and how did you react?

'If you've got the inclination
I have got the crime' - Oppurtunites - PSB <3

'Reel me in and cut my throat' - World- The Killerz <3

When we fall in love, we're just fallin' in love with ourselves... - Spiralling- Keane <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Re: Interrogated..by my friend's mum - April 19th 2009, 11:19 PM

Hey Nat,

I can't say I've gone through this, but I just wanted to tell you to just ignore your friend's mother! It sounds like you can handle it yourself, but you should really stop apologizing. I mean, it's a dress for goodness sakes! Talking about a dress makes you 'heartless'? Come on!

I think your friend's mom is taking it more to heart than your friend. Don't let it get to you. She's blowing this way out of proportion, and I'm sure your friend doesn't think the same as her mom. That's probably why she doesn't want to fight this little battle. She might not see it as one at all.

This actually makes me laugh I hope you can laugh it off with your friend too

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
love2laugh Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Interrogated..by my friend's mum - April 20th 2009, 02:26 AM

I agree with just ignoring her.
Try to always hang out at your house or somewhere other than her house from here on out.

Drop me a PM anytime, about anything!
I would love to talk to you!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: Interrogated..by my friend's mum - April 20th 2009, 02:37 AM

I'm definitely with Nat on that one; it doesn't sound like your friend was too bothered, and really it's not that big a deal. I have no idea why her mum would be blowing it so far out of proportion, but whatever reason she has, it's her problem and not yours. If she persists with it, give her a piece of your mind, or simply ignore her, whichever you feel is best. But you've certainly satisfied courtesy, and you've got nothing left to apologize for.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Tericon Offline
The Waistcoated Wonder
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Interrogated..by my friend's mum - April 20th 2009, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the help guys The friend does seem quite bothered about it now and we were kinda distant today at school, but no probs, i'm sure we'll be back to normal before the week is out

Thankies for the advice, yet again

'If you've got the inclination
I have got the crime' - Oppurtunites - PSB <3

'Reel me in and cut my throat' - World- The Killerz <3

When we fall in love, we're just fallin' in love with ourselves... - Spiralling- Keane <3

Closed Thread