TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
liquidchill Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Flannery

Angry I can't do anything right. - April 21st 2009, 12:41 AM

It's so frustrating because one minute the whole family can be happy and then within seconds I can ruin everything! I don't try to be a pain, but apparently I am. Somebody blames me for something, then I get snappy and everyone gets mad at me and leaves the room, and I have officially ruined the night.
This especially happens with my mom. Sometimes she annoys me so much that there is not other way out for my anger except to explode. I become super cranky and she gets mad. However, my mom is not your typical mom. She takes things so differntly and approaches things that would make you want to hit her. Such as: if you are upset over something and are trying to talk to her and you catch on with a little attitude and want her to care. She goes abou ther business and pretends like you aren't even upset. She doesn't care. Not. One. Bit. Deep down you may think she does, but trust me she doesn't.
The worst part is, I can hear myself being cranky, I mean, I wouldn't want to hang out with me either. I try to stop myself, but I get so mad and end up on the verge of teary-frustration!!! It happens almost every night, I try to stop it, but it's so much easier to let the anger out and let the tears fall.

I'm kinda new...but I hear I give good advice, plus I'm a great listener so PM with anything!! I'm all ears...or eyes rather =]

She likes him...he likes her...welcome to heartbreak.

If the truth hurts, and love stinks...then true love must realllly suck.

-xo Flannery
  Send a message via AIM to liquidchill  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I can't do anything right. - April 21st 2009, 04:15 AM

Don't be so hard on yourself, being a teenager comes with a package of pent up anger and depression. Your behavior isn't abnormal. Although, to make it easier on yourself, I suggest talking to a therapist or an adult you trust. And it's not your fault. There's nothing you can do to 'ruin' somebody's night. If their night is ruined, they didn't handle it well. Again, I say, don't be so hard on yourself What your going through is difficult, but I assure you that you're not alone ;D

Lawl.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
liquidchill Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I can't do anything right. - April 22nd 2009, 02:42 AM

Thanks. That was good to hear I have realized that I am soo moody, like I said I can hear myself getting like this and I don't like it, but it's like I can't stop!!! But thanks sooo much for your advice!

I'm kinda new...but I hear I give good advice, plus I'm a great listener so PM with anything!! I'm all ears...or eyes rather =]

-xo Flannery
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kim

Re: I can't do anything right. - April 22nd 2009, 03:13 AM

Hey flannery,
i promise that she cares about you! shes probably acting like she doesn't care because she is just letting you get out all your anger and frustration.
when i was younger (and yes, still some today, but not near as bad) I would talk about something that was very significant and symbolic to me. my parents didn't realize the main point of what i'd say, so they'd just kind of blow me off. i didn't understand that they didn't get it though, so i'd be really hurt and start yelling and lecturing and crying. which of corse doesn't go over well with them. i've recently figured out that they just didn't understand, so i feel mostly better now...
could you be kind of in the same situation?
sorry if this doesn't make sence, its hard to explain!
pm ma any time!!!

PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.

What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I can't do anything right. - April 22nd 2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidchill View Post
Thanks. That was good to hear I have realized that I am soo moody, like I said I can hear myself getting like this and I don't like it, but it's like I can't stop!!! But thanks sooo much for your advice!
Of course!
It's good that you want to feel better too
If you need to chat one on one, go ahead and pm me
Otherwise, I hope you start feeling better

Lawl.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
liquidchill Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I can't do anything right. - April 23rd 2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvia View Post
Hey flannery,
i promise that she cares about you! shes probably acting like she doesn't care because she is just letting you get out all your anger and frustration.
when i was younger (and yes, still some today, but not near as bad) I would talk about something that was very significant and symbolic to me. my parents didn't realize the main point of what i'd say, so they'd just kind of blow me off. i didn't understand that they didn't get it though, so i'd be really hurt and start yelling and lecturing and crying. which of corse doesn't go over well with them. i've recently figured out that they just didn't understand, so i feel mostly better now...
could you be kind of in the same situation?
sorry if this doesn't make sence, its hard to explain!
pm ma any time!!!
Yeah, that sounds about right, the thing you said about her wanting to let me let out all my anger and frustration. Omg! I do the exact same thing I get so mad when she does that and I start having a fit! I think she does understand, but just has very unique parenting skill. lol. Thanks everyone for the advice, it truly did help!

-xo Flannery
Closed Thread