TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Andi_014 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Overpowering or just abusive? - May 24th 2013, 01:04 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Today was the last day of school and me and my best friend planned to go to the beach this weekend, so I tell my dad that my Mom, my best friend, and I were leaving in the morning to go to the beach. Well my dad just up and yells at me an my mom about going to the beach and he throws a hot bowl of corn at me and it lands down my shirt, and then he yells at my mom saying that she dosent pull any weight around the house (she had surgery May 3) and got released to drive again.... Well Dad ends up telling my mom that if she steps foot out of the house that he is gonna drop the payments on the truck...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Overpowering or just abusive? - May 24th 2013, 03:44 AM

It does sound like your dads behaviour is abusive. He is lashing out, throwing things (which could have hurt you) and is emotionally abusing your mom (belittling her by calling her lazy) and controlling her by using thetas and intimidation (saying he'll put truck payments). Maybe this is an isolated incident, I'm not sure, but it's definitely a concerning one from my perspective. I'm sure you love your dad, but you need to be safe. If you do not feel safe you should talk to a trusted adult about finding ways to help your dad with his behaviour. if things get out of hand you could end up in foster care which definitely isn't ideal and it sounds like something is going on with your dad to make him behave so negatively, I'm not sure if he just isn't breaking the cycle or if his abusive seeming behaviour is a product of new stressors in his life, but I definitely don't think it's appropriate. So talk to someone, make sure you have somewhere safe to go if things get out of hand and be safe PM me if you need to talk

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Adriana.Jennes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adriana

Re: Overpowering or just abusive? - June 6th 2013, 04:43 AM

Hey there,

First off I am so sorry to hear that this is happening. Is this something that happens often? If it is I would really recommend you to talk to someone because this could become very dangerous. Your dad is using violence and threats and that could potentially hurt you or your mom, if it hasn't all ready. You don't deserve what is happening to you and neither does your mom.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk more about this.

Are you having a tough day or night? Then do this, place your hand over your heart. Feel that? That's called purpose. You're alive for a reason. Don't give up.

Closed Thread