TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haruhi Offline
Kpop Fan ~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jorddii

my best friends dad was innappropriate towards me. - May 24th 2013, 06:10 PM

Hi, this happened Wednesday evening, and again yesterday. I am extremely concerned about this situation.

So the first inappropriate thing was a long time ago where he was giving me the eye and squeezed my bottom, however we'd all been drinking so I brushed it off. Then after his dog bit me I didn't see him for ages. The first encounter I've had with him since was Wednesday. I'd just walked out the door to go home, as I got off the driveway he called me over and remarked "I'd really love to shag you ya know" I was shocked and kind of offended that he'd think I'd react well to that. he then added "I really mean that". After that I just looked at him funny and walked across the road and went home. I was totally freaked out.

Then yesterday, he came home while me and my friend were just about to leave, my friend went upstairs to fetch a few things we'd left in her room leaving me downstairs in the kitchen with him. He walked towards me and said "have you thought about what I said yesterday?" I replied, "what? I don't get this" and he told me to give him a text and passed me his number. He then repeated that he really meant it and then my friend came downstairs.

Now, I don't quite understand why this has come about, and why it had to be now when I've got enough problems already. I'm really concerned that they're all planning something against me though, to make my best friend hate me. I'm also scared of the possibility that he wants his dog to bite me again. I am extremely paranoid I know. I don't know why, but it makes sense.. I'm not exactly the families 'favourite' friend.

I feel really quite shook up by this experience. He is also married, to my best friends Mum. He's really freaked me out though, but my friend will think there's something wrong if I never wanna go to her house and I'm not quite sure whether to tell her or not.

Confused.

Last edited by Haruhi; May 25th 2013 at 02:05 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: my best friends dad was innappropriate towards me. - May 25th 2013, 05:56 PM

I'm so sorry you have to deal with these unwanted advances. I can't imagine how awkward I would feel if a friend's father did that to me! There are a few ways you could address this issue. One would be to stay away from the house, and therefore stay away from him. As you noted, though, your friend may begin to wonder why you're staying away. At that point, you would either have to tell the truth, or make something up. Another thing you could try (and probably what I would do, if in your position) is telling your friend's father to stay away from you. If your friend's father doesn't want his family to hate him, and he believes you might tell everyone what he's saying/doing if he doesn't stop, then he may very well back off. On the downside, if he doesn't care about what his family thinks, or if he could become aggressive/abusive when threatened or drunk, then confrontation and threats should be avoided.

Closed Thread