TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kel Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Dithering Dills

Disturbing Mother. Help? - April 22nd 2009, 04:40 AM

Lately I've just been thinking there's something wrong with my mom.
Maybe its age but I think its more than that. Its actually really disturbing for me and my sister to watch.

She's in love with my dogs. She always talks about them to the point where its almost creepy. "My dogs love me more than anybody else. They are the best things I can ask for." She invites them into the bathroom with her to watch her use the toilet. And one time she was letting my dog "dominate her" and I told her to stop and asked her what she was doing. She says, "I'm letting him know he's king." At which I pick up the dog and take him away from her.

She doesn't even sleep in the same bed as my dad anymore. She sleeps in my brother's old bed with the dogs in there as well and the door locked. I'm seriously worried that she has like... fallen in love with my dogs which thoroughly disgusts me.

And sometimes I feel like it could be in part mine and my sister's faults because maybe she didn't feel like a successful mother. Maybe we were too rude to her or something? And my dad's always busy at work. I just feel like somehow I've made her this way and this is her way of getting "love".

It clearly upsets my younger sister. She's all of a sudden developed strange behaviors which only leads to my parents screaming at her.

I don't even know what to do about it.
Is there anything?

BTW: This sounds incredibly ridiculous, but I'm trying to present it as accurately as I can according to my feelings over the situation.

"we make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
--winston churchill

Last edited by Kel; April 22nd 2009 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Time goes by so slowly....
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tori

Re: Disturbing Mother. Help? - April 22nd 2009, 02:55 PM

Ouch. Okay well...Let me see here...

What your mom is doing is called 'beastiality'. Not sure if you knew that. Basically it involves any form of sexual contact between a human and an animal.

I understand that this is confusing and scary for you, as well as your sister. But I would suggest that you try to keep from thinking that it was something you've done. This is by no means your fault. It is a personal decision that your mom has made.

My first request for you would be to bring this concern up to your dad. After that, he can help you to get help for your mom. And if not your father, try a school counselor, a pastor, or another trusted ADULT. It may take therapy and/or a doctor to help her get back to "normal".

Secondly, don't let this get you down. Keep your chin up and try to be a support to your sister, as hard as it may be. The more optimistic you can act, the better off things will be. But by all means, please don't keep quiet. It seems like your mom really needs your help.

PM if you need anything.
xx
  Send a message via AIM to That One Tori Girl Send a message via MSN to That One Tori Girl Send a message via Yahoo to That One Tori Girl  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Disturbing Mother. Help? - April 23rd 2009, 12:13 AM

Hi Kel,

I would like to add that what your mother is doing is not beastiality unless she is having sexual thoughts and contact with the dogs. What your mom is doing may be weird, but I'm not sure that it's beastiality. Simply having the dogs in the bed and sleeping with them isn't beastiality. I think there are signs that she may be commiting beastiality, but no hard evidence, from what I can tell. She could just be weird.

Either way, talking to your dad and having your mom talk to some kind of therapist would be a good idea. What she is doing is not normal and should be discussed and sorted out. In the meantime, try to keep the dogs away from her. It's not right for the dogs to be treated that way by your mom. There are other ways to praise them and treat them properly.

I'm not sure where you are from, but where I live, and I'm pretty sure it's similar in most places, but beastiality is a crime. It will be beneficial for your mom's actions to be dealt with and discussed with a professional before it goes to far.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kel Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Disturbing Mother. Help? - April 23rd 2009, 12:28 AM

I don't know.
I've tried to bring it up to my dad before.
All I did was say that "she acts inappropriate with the dogs sometimes".
And he immediately cut me off and told me that I was never allowed to talk about her like that.

--winston churchill

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Re: Disturbing Mother. Help? - April 23rd 2009, 12:31 AM

What about talking to your family doctor about it? They might be able to give you some suggestions on what you should do and then it will still stay confidential. Just let them know that your dad wont talk about it and you don't know what to do.

The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kel Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Disturbing Mother. Help? - April 23rd 2009, 12:57 AM

I don't have a family doctor. That's the thing.
I don't have anyone I can trust without humiliating her.

--winston churchill

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Re: Disturbing Mother. Help? - April 23rd 2009, 01:30 AM

Do you have a guidance office at school? Usually schools have counselors students can talk to about things like courses as well as stuff that's going on outside of school. Would you be able to trust talking to them about this? They are supposed to keep things confidential as well, unless someone is going to get physically hurt- in which case they would intervene.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
ShaunHellend Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shaun Hellend

Re: Disturbing Mother. Help? - April 23rd 2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel View Post
I don't have a family doctor. That's the thing.
I don't have anyone I can trust without humiliating her.
I know it might seem wrong, but mabey humiliation is the only way to stop whatevers happening? Either that or confront her
  Send a message via AIM to ShaunHellend Send a message via MSN to ShaunHellend  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Time goes by so slowly....
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tori

Re: Disturbing Mother. Help? - April 23rd 2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Hi Kel,

I would like to add that what your mother is doing is not beastiality unless she is having sexual thoughts and contact with the dogs. What your mom is doing may be weird, but I'm not sure that it's beastiality. Simply having the dogs in the bed and sleeping with them isn't beastiality. I think there are signs that she may be commiting beastiality, but no hard evidence, from what I can tell. She could just be weird.
Nat, I would just like to point out the quote by Kel where it was stated that the mother was in the bathroom allowing the dog to "dominate" her. This was where I got the beastiality from...Just thought it was worth pointing toward.
  Send a message via AIM to That One Tori Girl Send a message via MSN to That One Tori Girl Send a message via Yahoo to That One Tori Girl  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Re: Disturbing Mother. Help? - April 24th 2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Tori Girl View Post
Nat, I would just like to point out the quote by Kel where it was stated that the mother was in the bathroom allowing the dog to "dominate" her. This was where I got the beastiality from...Just thought it was worth pointing toward.
Oh, I thought she meant that sometimes she let the dog in the bathroom with her, and another time she let the dog dominate her, but I didn't think that was in the bathroom. I'm also not clear by what she means by dominating with the dog. I just assumed it meant she did everything she thought the dog wanted, and not in a sexual way.
If I'm wrong, that's fine, but it would really help to clear this up.

And as Shaun said, if confronting your dad isn't working, then you could always confront your mom. Just saying straight up that you think what she's doing is wrong and inappropriate, maybe she'll snap out of it.

Closed Thread