TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Iloveliam Offline
One direction luv
Not a n00b

Name: Abbey

Unhappy Dad expects to much :*( - July 28th 2013, 12:35 AM

In my house its just my dad and I and my dad expects me to be this "perfect" child and I'm not so he's always mad at me for the things I can't help I spend most of my time in my room crying becuse of him I almost ran away a lot of times and thought about suicide becuse of my life and my dad keeps saying things like "why are you turning into your mother" he hates my mom and he thinks I hate her too ,everyone thinks I hate her but really I don't I used to but that was like 8 years ago and the only thing i hade of her was a picture and when my dad found out I hade it he ripped it up and now I have no memories exept a few faint ones

So I also think I'm depressed becuse of my life and I have no one to talk to becuse i have no friends littery none I had one but we haven't talked in like almost 6 months I try texting her but she never responds and now she lives 8 hours away and my dad says I have the perftct life everyone keeps saying I have the perfect life but really it sucks becuse I'm ugly and no one likes me pepole come up to me and say your so ugly and they bully me about everything I just don't know what to do many suidice would be the best or running away I just don't know what to do anymore

(#2 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Dad expects to much :*( - July 28th 2013, 10:02 AM

Hi Abbey, that sounds really hard for you Have you tried talking to anyone else apart from your friends how you feel? It might help you more. With you dad if you feel that he's being too hard on you maybe sit down and talk to him about how your feeling, or if you felt you couldn't say it to him you could write a letter and leave it somewhere he will find it; or you could email, phone or text (SMS).
Have you told anyone about the bullying? If not, don't suffer in silence tell someone and hopefully it will stop. I'm sure your not ugly and everyone doesn't dislike you. I'm always here if you want to talk. Stay strong, don't lose hope and take care.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Dad expects to much :*( - July 28th 2013, 08:54 PM

Suicide is NEVER the answer. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know you're having a tough time right now, but I promise you life is going to get better with time. As you grow older, you'll have the opportunity to move out of your father's house and have more control over the relationship you have with him. After my parents separated, I had to live with my mom for five years, and I hated every second of it. When I turned 18, I moved in with another family member, then moved to a dorm room at my university. Once I had space from my mom, I was able to feel much better about myself and my life. With time, I was able to set rules with my mom (ex. "If you say hurtful things over the phone, I will hang up and won't answer until you're calm and ready to treat me with respect"), and our relationship has improved because I was able to put my foot down. That's going to be difficult to do when you still live with your father, but I hope you'll hang in there until you're in a better position to take care of yourself and get away from him for a bit.

I second everything that Jenny said. If you can, try expressing some of the thoughts/feelings you have with your father (via writing if it's too difficult to say things out loud). Sure, he might yell at you - but there's also a chance something will get through to him, and he'll make an effort to treat you better. With regard to the bullying, that is something I would definitely tell a teacher about. You can't stop people from saying hurtful things, but you can make an effort to stay away from those people, so you don't hear what they say as often. If they continue to follow you even after you've made attempts to avoid them, you can report that to a teacher, and possibly have them punished for harassment if they don't leave you alone.

I'm sorry your friend isn't talking to you. It can be difficult to maintain a friendship when two people live so far away from each other and don't have as much in common anymore. Have you considered joining a club at your school, or an organization near your home? I made some of my best friends while volunteering with a club at my school. We never would have known how close we could have become if we hadn't taken a chance and reached out to each other. I'm betting that if you're willing to do the same (as scary as it can be), there WILL be people who will give you a chance and won't judge you right off the bat, like some of these bullies have.

Closed Thread