TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ryan20 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryan

Question What am I going to say? - August 7th 2013, 03:00 PM

Hey, I just need to get this out somewhere I found this forum and seems like a good place to.

My parents broke up when I was around 12 and it was just me and my mom, I hated her for what she had done to my dad and never got along with her after the divorce. After about 3 and half years of living with her I couldnít take it any more and went to live with my dad and my older sister.

I had to change schools which was easy because I only had 2 friends that I spoke to that I wasn't even close to, I have horrible social skills that I canít have a proper conversation, I just donít know how to react properly when I'm speaking to someone so itís hard for me to make friends. Shortly after moving in with my dad my older sister moved out to the city because of her job.
After almost a year of living with just me and my dad I felt so empty, at school I was labelled the weird kid and didn't have any friends to talk to and got bullied so I rarely went, I just stayed home and spent most of the time alone.

This year has been so messed up for me, at the start of the year I was feeling like my life had no meaning at all, I was at the lowest point in my life I've ever been in so I tried to end it thinking there is no point in anything else but I couldn't go through with it but I still continuously have the thoughts running through my head over and over again. I hate it so much at school and home is so boring but I couldn't do anything about it so I just continued living my life feeling like crap.

So about 8 days ago I packed up some of my stuff and put it my car, I told my dad Iíll be home soon I'm going on an adventure he laughed and asked me where I was going and I replied Iíll be home later and just left. I drove a few hours towards the coast with the little money I had ($400) thinking the whole time what the hell am I doing, where am I going and what am I going to do. I got to the ocean late at night and just wandered the beach for a bit.

For the first few nights I slept in my car and kept my phone off just eating fast food and wandering the streets during the day still feeling so empty so I decided to turn my phone on and had I a million missed calls and messages from my mom, dad and sister asking where I am and if I'm okay telling me to come back home so I called up my sister and told her I'm fine not to worry Iíll come back when I'm ready and hung up.

At the moment I'm in a motel room with almost no money left so I have to go back home but I donít know whatís going to happen when I get there, I have no idea of what I'm going to say to my dad or sister when I get back home and I'm still having these screwed up thoughts going through my head I don't know what to do!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: What am I going to say? - August 9th 2013, 11:46 PM

Hello, and welcome to TeenHelp!

Wow. I'm glad you reached out to us, because it sounds like you're in a bit of a jam! First, let's focus on the more immediate concerns: you're almost out of money, and you need to ensure you have some place to stay where you're physically safe (cars don't cut it, as anyone can break in and hurt you or steal your stuff). Seeing as you have a father who cares deeply about you, I'd say the best way to ensure your physical safety is to go home (if you don't have money for gas, then call your father - and if your cell phone battery dies, go to the motel lobby and ask if you can make a call).

You're probably wondering what will happen when you arrive home. I can imagine your father might react in any number of ways. He'll almost certainly be emotional - he could be very, VERY happy to see you, or very, VERY angry that you took off without telling him where you would be, or any combination of emotions. Just know, even if he gets angry, that he's only responding that way because he loves you and is using anger to express how terribly concerned he is for your well-being.

After arriving home and explaining where you were, I think the next (and most important) thing to do is tell your father why you ran away. Many teens struggle with the feelings you described to us, and you do NOT have to deal with them on your own! There are psychological professionals who can help you learn how to cope with these feelings. Additionally, if your family members are more aware of what you're struggling with, they may be able to support you more effectively. Silence ensures you remain emotionally isolated. Speaking up, as difficult as it can be, allows people to reach out and support you in ways you never imagined they were capable of.

I wish you all the best, and hope you will keep us updated on your situation! While it's true that we don't know you personally, we still care and want to know you're safe, regardless of where you are! =)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fern Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What am I going to say? - August 13th 2013, 05:47 AM

ehh....hope you will keep us updated on your situation!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Bem Offline
Hurricane eyes.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Em

Re: What am I going to say? - August 13th 2013, 01:06 PM

Pretty much everything I was going to say has already been said by PSY, so I'll keep this short. Take care of yourself (really, do), remember your family are always there and do care about you, whether you want them to or not, and keep us update - good luck.

I'm perfectly normal; it's the rest of the world that's insane.

"He offered her the world."

"She said she had her own."

Closed Thread