TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LONE Offline
crab paste
Not a n00b

I hate my friends - August 7th 2013, 04:23 PM

Well, I don't hate them, it's just sometimes I do because they make me feel bad, unintentionally. Like they're lives are good, they're good, they have people that love them, they're clever, blah blah blah. And I just :/ Nothing in my life seems to be going right and they kind of remind me of that by shoving there amazing lives in my face and it kind of makes me hate them, I know that sounds really bad because its not their fault, trust me i feel plenty guilty about it, but I'm so jealous all the time and it feels like the whole world is against me., sometimes it feels like they don't even care about me. I just feel so lonely and terrible.

shake it like a polaroid picture

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: I hate my friends - August 7th 2013, 07:22 PM

Do they know any of what is happening with you? Because if they don’t and just talk about everyday stuff, thats why. BUT, if they do know things have been bothering you and they just simply ignore it or shrug it off, yeah i’d hate my friends too and would be looking for new ones. But if they don’t know, they won’t know until you say something.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I hate my friends - August 8th 2013, 03:51 AM

People don't usually intentionally flaunt their good fortune/success (well some people do, but not every person you're friends with would be like that so yeah). I can understand being jealous of them if they seem to have every last thing going for them, and I am glad to see that you feel guilt for resenting them a little for it (instead of trying to justify why they shouldn't be able to have it all if you can't have it too). I think the important thing to remember is that people who "have it all" have problems too. Like I had this friend acting like since I didn't have to worry about money while in university that everything was just totally ok for me when she totally seemed to dismiss how much i struggled to get my grades up (she seemed to think it was so easy for me since I'm smart enough to do good in school but it wasn't) and she didn't see how totally alone I was and stuff. So I think it's easy to dismiss other peoples problems if their problems seem insignificant compared to yours or if you can always be like "well, at least your not dying of AIDS and malnourishment in Africa". So try to remember that. But also it might help if you try talking to someone instead of bottling it up. That way your not building a monster in your head

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fern Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I hate my friends - August 13th 2013, 05:49 AM

you can try to like them~~~

Closed Thread