TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

NEED to get away - August 18th 2013, 01:01 AM

I came back from an Alaskan cruise on Tuesday...that whole vacation was the time of my life. I ate amazing foods, met amazing people, saw amazing things, and had an amazing time away from my family. I was with my relatives, don't worry, i wasnt alone.
Anyway, after coming back I've just been really flippin angry at my family, and sad because I miss paradise. Instead of being waited on, having 24/7 access to multiple activities, and enjoying a five course dinner meal...I'm getting yelled at, taunted by my siblings, eating frozen freaking pizza, and remembering why I was so eager to leave in the first place.
I know I sound spoiled, but if being a spoiled brat is what it takes to get away from these people, then spoiled it is!
I dont even think my family's the problem. I just really, really, really hate being home. I don't even consider here home anymore. I think of that cruise ship as my home. I just wish I could go with a group of friends...no family to nag, yell, or annoy.

But...I sort of don't want to go back, because I know I gained some weight from the cruise. I'm terrified I'm never going to lose it. I keep eating.and eating... I guess I think if I'm so fat and lazy I cant lose it, why not go back??

Any advice for the post vacation blues?

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: NEED to get away - August 18th 2013, 10:41 PM

I've never been on a cruise before. That sounds like so much fun! =)

I can understand why you have the "vacation blues." I've gotten them from time to time (and a LOT of people are going to have them, now that school is starting again!). I'm sure you have some things to look forward to at home, though. Maybe you're not looking forward to "home," per se, but there may be some things you didn't have access to on the cruise that you have access to here. For example, you can catch up with friends, get involved in clubs/activities you've been pulled away from, and explore interesting places in or near your hometown!

Worst-case-scenario, you can always go on another cruise in the future, whether it's to Alaska or another part of the world. You're probably a little too young to get a full-on job, but perhaps you could start saving up money by offering to run errands for neighbors/babysit/tutor/etc. You might even be able to coordinate a future trip with your friends, whom I'm sure would love to hear all about your trip!

As for the weight gain, the beautiful thing about being young is that you can take advantage of that fast metabolism. Your body adjusted to eating five-course dinners every night. Now that you're back home, your body is continuing to seek out large amounts of food. By ensuring you eat typical/normal-size portions of food for each meal, only eating when hungry, and exercising in moderation, you should be able to gradually return to a weight that is closer to what you were before going on the cruise.

Closed Thread