TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Friends and Family (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/)
-   -   Unusual things your parents told you (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/t122957-unusual-things-your-parents-told-you/)

Rivière August 24th 2013 01:30 PM

Unusual things your parents told you

When my mum would walk me to school she'd often shout, "Mind the poo!" each time there was a brown crunchy leaf on the pavement to get me to pay attention to the ground more often to ensure I never stepped in anything unwanted. She also told me that I could get pregnant by kissing boys. :nosweat:

What unusual things did your parents tell you?

Gingerbread Latte August 24th 2013 01:50 PM

Re: Unusual things your parents told you

My mum told me not to eat the ends of bananas because there were worms in there...I'm still not sure why she told me this but to this day I still can't eat banana ends D:

FrostCoatedHeart August 24th 2013 02:50 PM

My mom told me, when she was pregnant with my sister, that she just ate too much and she was very full. :hehe: I was young so of course I believed her, I just wanted to share even though it's not that unusual, aha.

hocus pocus August 24th 2013 05:27 PM

When my brother and I were little, we got into some tampons. We guessed that they were rockets, and my mom just kind of nodded. So that's what I thought they were :hehe:

DemonQueen August 27th 2013 04:37 PM

Whenever I would ask where babies came from my mom would always tell me she found me wrapped up under a tree.

Not_here August 27th 2013 05:07 PM

my dad said if I accidentally ate a watermelon seed, that a watermelon would grow inside of me.
Also when he didn't want the light on, or thought I didn't need it, he'd say "what? you're married to con edison?" and turn off the light
then one time these twins at school were in an otherwise empty classroom and talking and I said the same thing and turned off the lights :?
He's also into computers so he adapted some of the language. He'd say things like "stand by" which is an option for a pc, that's similar to hibernate. But he'd say it to mean hold on a minute
He'd also say "sit on the table" instead of sit at the table. That's a language thing, haha.
It's hard to think of more unusual things because for me it's normal, lol. :nosweat:

Everglow. August 27th 2013 05:35 PM

My mum and dad used to tell me that babies were stars in the sky before people got pregnant with them.
They also used to tell me that when it rained, God was taking a shower, when it thundered, he was moving his furnature around, when there was lightening, he was having a party. Not bad for a very unreligious family!

lurkalot August 27th 2013 08:39 PM

My dad told me that sausages came from the sausage antelope.

Forging Galaxies August 28th 2013 09:48 PM

My mom told me that kissing make girls pregnant, and while some boys and girls were trying out their kissing for the first time near the end of the Primary/Elementary school years, I warn them to never kiss because the girls will get pregnant.

Damn, looking back now. I remember having a girlfriend around that stage and I panicked when we started kissing for the first time. Then the sex education video comes the next week which came in a relief as well as seeing it... quite disgusting.

hocus pocus August 31st 2013 05:02 AM

Oh, and my aunt told me that there were strawberry and chocolate cows to make strawberry and chocolate milk :bleh:

Rivière September 1st 2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerfectlyImperfect (Post 1061649)
Oh, and my aunt told me that there were strawberry and chocolate cows to make strawberry and chocolate milk :bleh:

My nan used to tell me that when I was younger. XD