TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
189tweeny Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy My mom keeps saying she wants to leave us :ccc - October 22nd 2013, 11:35 PM

she keeps saying she wants to leave this place. I feel bad cuz i jsut have no one to talk to :c my friends dont understand and my feel like my family is falling apart.

My mother keeps saying she hates us she hates us and shes always mad at me
my brother blames his anger on me
and my dad just doesnt care
i act like i dont care but i really do.

I dont want my mother to leave
i just feel like my family isnt a family anymore.
we dont have family trips or anything. we dont say we love eachother and i hate how everyone elses families have that connection while we dont.
my brother always says he wants to kill me and everything
i cant just get a counselor my mother would deny it.
my friends all hate my mother because she doesnt let me go out the house.
i dont have that kind of freedom
I dont know what to do anymore. and they wont listen to me if i ever brought it up. Ive been made fun of on the bus about my mean mother and how she will "whoop me" and all but i feel like its all my fault because they say i always have an attitude and start fights when i really just crying my eyes out over one mistake. I never seem to be 100% to my mother and thats all she wants ffrom me. I just feel like a bad person right now what can i do :c

This is my first thread/post im new to this i just need help on what to do :c

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: My mom keeps saying she wants to leave us :ccc - October 22nd 2013, 11:53 PM

Hey.

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name's Anna, and if you look on this board, you'll see that I, too, have problems with my mother and my brother. So I definitely get where you're coming from.

I don't really know what to say, but I want you to know that you are heard, and that someone out there - mainly, me - saw that you were hurting because of your family. Someone understands.

For your mother and brother and father to say all of those horrible things is terribly insensitive, but the parts that really stood out to me were the parts where you described your mother refusing to let you leave the house or denying your need for a counselor. My mother used to do - and still would do, if she could - those same things to me. I know how much that hurts.

But, you can't let yourself be hurt by all of this anger directed toward you. I know it seems like an age until you can leave home, but before you know it, it'll be right there, no longer a pinpoint of light at the end of a dark tunnel, but a ray of sunshine which falls on your face as you step free of your prison. You will be okay. You will get through this. You are headed for a better life and a better family than what you have now. Not all families are related by blood: Yours might be good friends you can rely on for anything, teachers who were mentors to you, coworkers you scrub floors and dishes with. Family is the people you laugh with, the people you play with, the people who hold you when you cry. And you will find that one day.

Keep your chin up, kid.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

Closed Thread