TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CA2000 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs down Why can't I tell her? - December 30th 2013, 06:53 AM

I'm in love with two people. One is my straight best friend, and the other is my bisexual best friend. My straight friend does not approve of me being bi and therefore hates my bi best friend for 'changing' me. My bi best friend hates my straight best friend for not supporting me. I am so confused. I'm in love with both of them. I have no hope of dating my straight best friend and if I date my bi best friend I'm afraid my straight best friend will abandon me. God I sound pathetic, even to myself. I would stop hanging out with my straight best friend but I can't imagine life without her. I can't imagine life without my bi best friend either. I'm so confused and need help PRONTO!!! I can't tell either at risk of losing there friendship but can't go on like this!

Last edited by Chris; December 31st 2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Moved to Friends & Family forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MissP Offline
MissP
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sophie

Re: Why can't I tell her? - December 30th 2013, 08:15 AM

Well if our straight best friend and is a true friend she will surport you but you could try asking her what is her problem if there is one because there could be something she doesn't want to say that's why she's so against it but if she has already told you why she's so against it then work it out with her

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Why can't I tell her? - December 31st 2013, 06:24 AM

Hi, there.

Well it sounds like you're in a pretty hard situation. To be truthfully honest, if a friend doesn't support your kind of lifestyle, then they aren't your friend. Being age 13 (yeah I use to hate when people threw age at me too) the people who are in your life (friend-wise) will most likely not be in your life when you go to college. With that being said, teens at the age of 13 are irrational, immature, and very unpredictable - so you can't always assure that you will be able to maintain both friendships forever.

My advice would be to do what your heart tells you to do. If you heart is telling you to be with your bi-sexual friend, than start dating her. Your wellbeing and happiness should always be placed before someone elses and your real friends would support you with any choices you do make (even if they don't agree with all of them). Don't allow others to dictate who you are with, who you love, or what you do. Always do what you feel is right. Sometimes your decision may be wrong or not the best one you could have chosen, but that's called learning, and it most definitely comes with growing up.

Love who you love, be with who you want to be with, and let whatever happen, happen. This is your life; this is your choice.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread