TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ZaraWrites Offline
#6Years #LHOperator #Skittles

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Zara

Unhappy Why does she do this? - February 10th 2014, 10:12 AM

Today, I'm feeling rather unwell, and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I told my mom if it gets worse, or I can't concentrate, I'll ask Sue if I could go home. She also said to me that when I come home from college, for me to do my room. And when I said that I might come home early due to me feeling sick, she said "If you come home early, you can do your room." I feel like that's unfair, and I said that if I had a better mom, she would tell me to rest as I feel sick. She also asked me if I had been physically sick and when I told her no, she said "The world still goes on" and she's being really mean about it. She also said "If you don't do it, I'll organize you, or bin it myself." And I said "I'm 17, not 7"... I just don't understand why she does this. It's making me want to leave home sooner, and I hate it. I hate how she treats me differently to my sister. She's unwell, and she gets to rest all day, yet if it was me, she would get me to do chores, and I hate it!!! I hate being left out by my mom

Books Published:
~ Dreams Really Do Come True
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: Here We Go Again
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
~ Two Worlds Collide

Therapy, you were never a friend to me ~ Therapy ♥ AllTimeLow

SKITTLIFY!!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Why does she do this? - February 10th 2014, 02:02 PM

Maybe because she doesn't think you're sick enough, unless your so sick you can barely leave the bathroom there is no reason for you to just sit on the couch and mope about being sick. Maybe I'm not being sympathetic, but in my family I literally had to be throwing up in the hospital to get out of being in school. I've gone to school the day after puking all day from the flu, still had a fever and felt like shit because my parents raised me to suck it up and get your work done.

The reason for this is because the world isn't going to stop just cause you don't feel great, and sometimes you have to knuckle under and try to get things done even though you feel like crap. Someday you're going to be sick and if you can't work cause of it (maybe you'll work with old sick people or with little kids and can't take the risk of giving them the flu or what ever if they're at risk from complications like pneumonia or what ever if they get sick) then you might have to take advantage of that day and do chores because someday you won't have the luxury of mommy being around to do chores for you.

So yeah, it sucks that you're mom wants to clean your room even though you don't feel good, but it's just cleaning you're room, if you're not puking out you're guts or bed ridden from being sick and you've chosen to not go to school any ways then it's not unreasonable for her to think you should still try to get something out of the day.

Again, I realize this is probably kind of blunt, but it's the reality of life, and I honestly can't say I think you're mom is doing your sister any favours by babying her when she gets sick if that's really what's going on, but maybe your sister gets more sick (ex. puking a lot) or maybe she's younger, idk.... I know it sucks when you feel shitty and just don't want to do anything, but like I said, you might have that luxury no but won't always and at 17 you're mom probably wants you to learn that there are times you need to knuckle under, but I think in the long run you're mom is doing you a favour by saying to "suck it up". I know I am not being sympathetic, and i know this won't be the answer you want, but if I am being honest this is what I think

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ZaraWrites Offline
#6Years #LHOperator #Skittles

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Zara

Re: Why does she do this? - February 11th 2014, 12:53 PM

About my sister... She's 18, and she's not puking. She just has a cold, and it's stupid that she babies her just because she "has no energy" to do anything.

Books Published:
~ Dreams Really Do Come True
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: Here We Go Again
~ Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones: What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
~ Two Worlds Collide

Therapy, you were never a friend to me ~ Therapy ♥ AllTimeLow

SKITTLIFY!!!!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Why does she do this? - February 11th 2014, 05:39 PM

Well, regardless, it's not fair if there is uneven treatment, but babying your sister is the injustice, not your mom expecting you to knuckle under and be productive

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ella. Offline
Average Joe

Name: Elise

Re: Why does she do this? - February 14th 2014, 01:40 PM

I understand why you're annoyed because when you feel unwell chores are the last thing you want to do! And yeah, sometimes when people can't see you being sick they think you're fine even though you might feel horrible. Just have a lie down and a bit of a rest and tell your mum you'll sort your room out as soon as you feel a bit better if something like this happens again

I turn the music up, I got my records on
I shut the world outside until the lights come on
Maybe the streets alight, maybe the trees are gone
I feel my heart start beating to my favourite song.

Closed Thread