TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Julie Carter Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julie

Broken - hearted - March 8th 2014, 10:42 AM

I'm really really down and I just want to die, though I know it's not good at all. Well, I like a boy in my class: he's handsome, really helpful and funny. And I told my best friend. It turned out she was a toxic friend. She just gossiped about me to everyone, yeah, even boys. And of course, he knew my love, that's obvious. Before, he was really good to me but since he knew everything, he started to treat me like a nothing. Nothing. I was really miserable. I tried to talk with him, try to be happy, but he just ignored me. Not like him at all.
I don't know what to do now, to tell the truth. Depressed. Sad. Angry. And I don't want to come back to school and face him. I try to forget him, I study, but I can't. Too hard for such a sensitive girl like I am.
Please give me some advice on how to forget everything, you know, easily. I don't want to tell this to any of my friend, or my mother. She's not sympathetic, too obsessed into business. I feel lonely, and no one cares for me. And just to make things worse and worse, that toxic friend made me a fool in front of him. She insulted me, and just made me cry. I shouted to her that she was the worse ever, and she told me that he and her were dating. Too harsh truth, and I ran away from the class, to home. I cried a lot, and I felt like suicide.
HELP!!!!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
stelles Offline
stelles
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Estelle/Stelles

Re: Broken - hearted - March 8th 2014, 04:10 PM

guys and friends can be so annoying sometimes, right?
First of all, you aren't alone. Many people (me included) know what this feels like. But it's not the end of the world, you can get through it.

Do you really want to date a boy who shuns you like that? Just because he knows you like him? Probably not. Think about it a little... Do you really like him even though he was kinda mean to you? Are you mad at him or your friend?

As for your friend, she might have been lying to make you jealous when she said they were dating. She's another person you might want to consider spending less time with - anyone who makes you that upset on purpose probably isn't worth you time.

Also, you're still pretty young. At 11 (and even at 14) "relationships" last about two weeks. You're still really young, and nothing that happens now will last forever. Who knows, that boy could come to you in a month and ask you out. And you might not even like him any more. I know when I was in 5th and 6th grade I would go through about 5 crushes a year. The last time one of my crushes started dating another girl I was over it after about 3 days. Maybe it will take you longer, but you'll live.

I'm sorry you have to go through this but lots of people care about you. I don't even know you and I care. You can get through this. There have been guys before and there will be more guys to come. Good luck, and feel free to message me any time!

Be yourself, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  Send a message via Skype™ to stelles 
Closed Thread