TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
humbleman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,832, Level: 11 Points: 5,832, Level: 11 Points: 5,832, Level: 11

Can one find a serious boyfriend/girlfriend during high school? - March 17th 2014, 07:35 PM

I'm so tired of meeting guys who can't wait to get in my pants.

I want to meet someone who takes responsibility for themselves, well behaved. cares for me, , and is willing to wait until marriage and can have it on and off.

Is it possible to find a guy like this?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SpecterH Offline
Average Joe

Name: Harvey S.

Points: 6,460, Level: 11 Points: 6,460, Level: 11 Points: 6,460, Level: 11

Re: Can one find a serious boyfriend/girlfriend during high school? - March 17th 2014, 07:45 PM

Of course it's possible to find a guy like this; many women do. Unfortunately, while in high schools, most males tend to be a bit immature. I'm not suggesting that every high school male is immature, but I think it's safe to say that the vast majority are. That needs to be expected.

That being said, though, it's not impossible to find a good guy while in high school. I dated my high school boyfriend for two and a half years, and he was a pretty good guy. In hindsight, he wasn't the one for me, so I'm glad that we broke up when we did. But, the point is: it is possible to find a good guy, even when you're young. I'm probably a lot pickier than you are (trust me), and I still managed to have a long-term relationship throughout high school.

As you get older, you're going to meet a lot of people - some guys are going to be great, and others aren't going to be so great. I think it's important, especially as such a young person, to keep an open mind. Your preferences in relationships will change as you get older, and you need to be prepared for that. It's all apart of growing up.

Don't worry so much about whether or not you're going to find the right guy. You will; I can promise you that. When? That, I'm not too sure about. But, take advantage of being young. Explore everything that there is to explore. Make friends, start relationships, end relationships, and everything else that comes with that. Dating the "bad guys" helps you determine what you want in a relationship - and that information is tremendously valuable.

Good luck.

Harvey Specter
Don't play the odds, play the man.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20

Re: Can one find a serious boyfriend/girlfriend during high school? - March 17th 2014, 07:56 PM

Hey there,

I do believe that you will find the right guy one day. High school is basically a mixed crowd of guys; there are nice guys who treat girls with respect while some others are total jerks that take advantage. Depending on the guy, how comfortable you are with him, and the commitment in the relationship, it is possible to have a serious relationship in high school. However statistically speaking, very few people that have dated throughout high school actually end up getting married.

I absolutely agree with what Harvey said about meeting new people as you get older. Sometimes relationships don't work out at a young age due to maturity and things going on in life. It is indeed true that your preferences in what you are looking for in a guy will change over time as you get older. Try to go out and meet other guys; for example, you can join a club or organization of your personal interest and you might end up meeting someone there who has common interests.

I hope this helps; don't give up on it. You'll come across many people in life and you will meet the right person someday!

~Rishy

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25

Re: Can one find a serious boyfriend/girlfriend during high school? - March 17th 2014, 08:08 PM

I agree with what the others have said. Guys do tend to be immature in high school, but not everyone is a jerk. There are guys who respect women. My fiancé and I were dating for 2 1/2 years before we got engaged, and before we were dating? We were close friends in high school. Yeah, we weren't dating then, but we were still really close. Also, my fiancé's parents are very happily married and they've been together since high school.

So yes, it is possible to find a good guy while in high school, but you should also be spending your time enjoying being young. Spend time with friends, go to party or two, hang out at the mall, do whatever you want. Just don't focus all your strength on finding a guy; it'll happen at some point, trust me.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13
Closed Thread