TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Live●Laugh●Love
Not a n00b

Location: In my own world in my mind, away from the pain and hurtful eyes

Unhappy I Hate My Parents - May 2nd 2009, 06:13 PM

I know everyone says this at some point, but I really do. There are loads of reasons.

1. I don't want to eat fish or pork, sounds stupid I know, but it my choice. So I tell my parents and they say, That's stupid, don't be so picky, it's all food just fuc*ing eat it. It dosen't make you special it make you look stupid. No one will ever like you if your so fussy. These are my parents. They can think this to themselves I don't care, but they said it to me. They are particaly force feeding me fish/pork now just to get at me. Parents should respect your choices, why don't mine.

2.My brother. It's not his fault, but he's the child every parent wants. He's polite, clever, prettyish. He's done he's maths GSCE 2 years early. I've tried to be nice. But it's like every minute they mention it. 'Oh hasn't he done well, tell you what we'll get you a new computer game. It's for being so good. Oh sorry you haven't done anything so it's unfair to get you a game, but you can have a pen' Oh yay. That did happen. When he went on the radio he got 50 and I got nothing. My dad said I didn't do anthing so why did I deserve it. I was 8. M grandma and grandpa always get him something like 10 or a game. They 'forget' about me or 'don't have enough money' If they don't have much money how can they afford something for my brother every week. I've tod them but the say I'm being a selfish brat. His presents are way more expensive then mone. Mine are about 20 and his are 150.

3. I've been going though a lot. When we moved they were nice for a week, but when I was crying because I wanted to go home (I was 5) they told me to shut up and get over it. We were happy before we moved. I was popular, happy, I thought it would never change. I still miss my home now. It's still my house, not here but there. I hate it here, everyone made fun of my hair, accent, everything. I'd always fitted in so well, I didn't understand. My teacher was nice, I could talk to her when I was alone at playtime. But then she left our new teacher was strict and didn't understand. Eventually I made a friend, but she left. I still miss it so much now. I just want someone to say it's ok, and mabe take a holiday there. But my parent just say I'm a crybaby and why can't you be like you brother.

So they are the 3 main things I hate about my parents. They tell me I'm worthless, no one will ever love me. To be honest I don't think I would care if they died now, I certainly wouldn't cry. I gave them love, they gave me pain. I know some of you will say they love me. They don't I was an accident. I'm so different from them. I'm being to think that is my fault and I am being selfish. I don't think they would miss me, no one would. Parent are supposed to love you and make ou feel good, why don't mine? I just was some one to hold me and tell me everything is going to be ok, someone I can talk to. I can't even tell my parents if I'm ill. I had really bad toncillitus and never told them, they'd make up some excuse that is my fault. I'm starting to think it's all my fault. I starting to think of suicide/running away, I don't want to die/run away but mabey my parents and everyone would be happier without me. There's no point to this I just wanted to let it out.

XxBrokenSmilesxX

Reach for the moon,

If you fall you'll land among the stars

(#2 (permalink)) Old
liquidchill Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Flannery

Re: I Hate My Parents - May 2nd 2009, 07:11 PM

First of all, I'm so sorry that you have been neglected like this. Have you tried to talk to them? Let them know that you are truly unhappy in this favortism and neglection. Perhaps give them an ultimatum because it is not healthy for you to grow up in an envirnment where you feel unloved.

Best of Luck xoxo,
Flannery.

I'm kinda new...but I hear I give good advice, plus I'm a great listener so PM with anything!! I'm all ears...or eyes rather =]

She likes him...he likes her...welcome to heartbreak.

If the truth hurts, and love stinks...then true love must realllly suck.

-xo Flannery
  Send a message via AIM to liquidchill  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: I Hate My Parents - May 2nd 2009, 07:15 PM

Hiya,
It's such a shame your parents are behaving this way. You're right that they should love you, you deserve all the love they can give, and they are clearly being unfair. It must be so hard to cope with, but stay strong. There are plenty of people you can talk to, many of us here at TeenHelp, and you don't have to run away or die. It's absolutely not true that they would be happier without you. You are worth so much more than that.

It sounds like some of your past experiences are resurfacing and you're upset about things that happened a while ago. I'm glad that you haven't bottled up your feelings, as talking about it can really help you feel better. Can you talk to your brother at all? I wasn't able to tell what he was like by what you said, but if you think he'll stick up for you then that's a positive start. If you can trust him, try talking to him about your situation and how you feel, being careful not to make him feel guilty. You're aware that it's not his fault, but maybe he's the next best person to talk to if you can't get through to your parents.

None of this is your fault and you're not selfish; any of us would feel the same way and it's really unfair of your parents to treat you this way. I hope things get better for you soon; I'm here for you if you need to talk x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kim

Re: I Hate My Parents - May 3rd 2009, 07:17 AM

hey hun,
it is NOT your fault! you are NOT being selfish! your parents would NOT be happier without you!
Your parents are not treating you like they should. how old are you? if they are making you so miserable that you want to die/run away, then you need to get out of this situation (if calmly talking to them about it doesn't work). pending on your age, you should maybe try living with a relative (one that doesn't do the same shit your parents are doing) or even foster care...
I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this hun... i know you must need a *real* person to talk to and hug- can you talk to your friend that you've mentioned in a couple other threads? you've helped her out so much, i'm sure that she'd be happy to help you! also, maybe until you figure out what you are going to do, you could try to spend more of your time with her instead of your own house?
let us know how it goes *hug*!
<3

PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.

What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.

Last edited by kimvia; May 3rd 2009 at 07:17 AM. Reason: spelling

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I Hate My Parents - May 3rd 2009, 11:21 PM

Hi there,

I just want to say kudos to you for staying together and feeling so strongly about this! Do your very best to keep holding in there and making your own decisions.

If you don't want to eat fish or pork, then don't! Make yourself a sandwich or a salad. Eat the rest of the meal and leave the rest out of it. You can make your own dietary choices. That is not up to them. However, what they serve at dinner is. If you want something else, then you've got to make it yourself. But if that's what it takes, then just do it!

Love is more than just presents, and I think they are doing a really lousy job at parenting right now. Don't hate your brother because your parents are neglecting you. He probably realizes what they are doing too. Maybe you could talk to him and find out if he could do some vouching for you to get your parents to realize they are leaving you out.

If this doesn't work, then who needs their presents? They don't cover up the fact that they aren't respecting your decisions or being there when you need to talk. Just ignore their favouritism and come here any time you need to talk. PM me anytime, I will always be here to listen You aren't alone, okay? Don't let your parents make you feel this way.

Stay strong and hold in there!
Someday you'll be able to move out, and then you wont need to deal with this.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread