TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

I haven't spoken to him properly in like, 3 weeks :/ - April 2nd 2014, 12:56 PM

I don't think my best friend is talking to me. He asked me like, two months ago if I wanted to go on a caravan holiday with him and two of our other friends. I said I didn't really want to go because I don't drink alcohol anymore because I don't really like getting drunk anymore (they'll be drunk and I'll be the only sober one), I don't like being away from home for a long time because of my anxiety and the caravan would be freezing.

He hasn't spoken to me properly since they went on holidays -____- I did text him that Fred Phelps was dying and he text back to that, that's all. I have been texting him but I've had no reply. I've also phoned him like, 3 times and I've had no answer. He used to phone/text me almost every other day.

I don't see what the problem is :/ It's not like he couldn't go on holidays without me, two other people were going. he also KNOWS I have anxiety issues.

I just feel like shit because I feel like I've done something wrong but I shouldn't feel like that.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

Last edited by Make Believe; April 2nd 2014 at 03:29 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
haile-patterson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: haile patterson

Re: I haven't spoken to him properly in like, 3 weeks :/ - April 2nd 2014, 01:09 PM

Well... I think you need to stop trying to talk to him. He is just mad because you didn't want to hang out with him. Also he should know you don't like getting drunk and you have anxiety problems.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: I haven't spoken to him properly in like, 3 weeks :/ - April 2nd 2014, 02:36 PM

That's basically what my mum said :/ I DO get on with him really well, we both like the same weird things and have the same sense of humour. I've been best friends with him for 6-7 years. He can just be really childish and selfish :/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SpecterH Offline
Average Joe

Name: Harvey S.

Re: I haven't spoken to him properly in like, 3 weeks :/ - April 5th 2014, 05:05 AM

I think that you should give him his space and then try speaking to him. You can't force him to talk to you, unfortunately. If he's truly your friend, he'll talk to you eventually and explain why he was a bit distant during this time.

I wouldn't assume that he's not talking to you because of what you did; you don't really know why he hasn't been as responsive as he once was. Assuming will only make matters worse, so I'd avoid doing that if you can.

I know that you miss your friend, and you should tell him that. If I were you, I'd text him, inquiring why he has been so distant lately. In the message, I would also emphasize how much you value the friendship and how much you miss talking to him. Once you send that, he'll know how you feel. Don't message him after that; it's up to him to come to you at that point.

Give him space and, if he's truly your friend, he'll come around.

Harvey Specter
Don't play the odds, play the man.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: I haven't spoken to him properly in like, 3 weeks :/ - April 5th 2014, 08:27 AM

Hi,

First off, stop blaming yourself. You don't know why he isn't replying or talking to you. Maybe he's annoyed, and maybe he's busy with something, maybe he has something to deal with. In the end, you don't know why he isn't talking. So at this point, it would be a good idea to ask.

If he still doesn't reply, then let him be. Maybe he just needs somr space. Even if he's angry about that, let him cool down and think about it and understand why you didn't go or whatever, if that's the reason he's mad.

Just give it time and understanding, too. (:

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: I haven't spoken to him properly in like, 3 weeks :/ - April 9th 2014, 05:12 PM

Phoned him again yesterday, nothing. He's not too busy to talk to his other friends from what it seems like on Facebook. I've started to give up caring. He hasn't grown up since we were 15 :/ All he seems to want me for is to go drinking/gay clubbing, I'm passed that.

Closed Thread