TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hmzarza Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hamza Raza

Need help in getting a friend back - April 12th 2014, 02:12 PM

I really messed up my relationship with a friend at college. She's always been there for me, when others weren't. I hurt her feelings and said some bad things about her friend too. It really wasn't my intention, things just happened and I never thought it wood lead up to this. She doesn't hate me though, I was unwell one time from what happened and she asked me how I was doing, even succeeded putting a smile on my face, and I suppose there's really just a trust issue now. I still say hi to her in the morning and she does reply to it. Just yesterday i needed some advice on my guitar and she helped me out over text message. However bottom line is I can't hang out with other members of our mutual group cos it just doesn't feel comfortable, especially with her friend around (who really hates me, she won't even look at me). I tried apologising over the phone 1 week ago but at the time she didn't want to talk. She means a lot to me, and I really really miss her. I was thinking I give it another try in a while, I'm thinking of buying her something nice to make things right. Any help is appreciated ^_^

(#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Need help in getting a friend back - April 12th 2014, 07:32 PM

I'm sorry you've been left in a position like this, it can't be nice. I think being civil around her like you have been is fine but then still leave it for a while for any more in depth chats. She might still be a bit upset by the whole situation and it might take a while for it to be repaired, and you wouldn't want to rush that.

As long as you've apologised sincerely, there's not much more you can do in the way of making things right. Just keep chatting to her nicely and see how she reacts back to you, she might give you some hints on how she's feeling.

Good luck.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Need help in getting a friend back - April 13th 2014, 01:35 AM

Hey, there.

I'm really sorry to hear about the situation you've been in recently. First off, we all get into fights/arguments/misunderstandings with our friends and loved ones; it happens. What matters is how you move on from there. As far as I see it, you have two options. One, you can talk to her and sincerely apologize, and maybe even try to make her laugh. Or two, you let time do it's thing and hope for the best. What would I do? Well I'm always an advocate for effective communication, so I think you should really talk to her in a calm, one-on-one setting, and truly open up to her (and allow her to do the same).

In the end, things will happen the way they should.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread