TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KassaN Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Megacrisis!! I need HELP! - May 24th 2014, 01:20 AM

Ok, as you can tell, this is super long, but hopefully not confusing. Please give me advice even if it is super long! I really need it!

Don't know where to begin, but here it goes. BTW, I did not know about any of this until a couple of days ago, Tuesday to be exact.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend's cousin sent another friend a text about me, basically telling him about the horrible experiences I went through with my ex. He did not tell me anything about it, even though we have a class together, and is in my study group for this one class. The fact that he didn't tell me anything makes me feel like he didn't believe the text. I should mention that I think he told some of the people in our study group because of the way some of them have been acting towards me.

Anyway, about a week after that text, he received another text, basically saying the same thing and how I suffer from PTSD because of my ex. I do know that he replied to the last text, mentioning something about how someone can be so cruel to hurt someone else. Once again, he did not tell me anything.

Adding to this, I'm kinda sorta crushing on him. There is nothing wrong with that, but I, and another person in my study group mentioned the other day how he seems so interested in another girl in our study group (she even said how they might even hook up!). He is always smiling at her, and sitting close to her. That hurts so much, but have to hold it in, because I know very well that nothing is ever going to happen between the two of us.

Ok, back to the main problem, On Tuesday, I found out about all the texts he received. I got really mad at my friend's cousin for sending such personal details about my life to him, and mad at my friend (whose cousin sent the texts) for letting this happen.

Also, I don't know if I'm overreacting, but I got mad at my friend who received the texts. I'm just so upset that he didn't mention any of this to me. If he would have mentioned something to me about the first text, then he wouldn't have received the second text. He shouldn't have received any texts.

When I saw him on Wednesday, after finding out about all of this on Tuesday, I was just so upset, that every time I would look at him, I would just ignore him. It came to the point where I would stare at him outraged.

Ok, sorry for rambling on and on, but I felt mentioning all of this was necessary.

I have a few questions, am I wrong to be so upset at my friend who received the texts? Also, should I apologize to him for receiving the texts, or should I not mention anything to him? Should I confront him and tell him my reasons as to why I'm so mad at him?

Again, sorry it's super long, but I need advice on what to do! Please, this is driving me crazy! I've come to the point of crying in frustration. Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kay

Re: Megacrisis!! I need HELP! - May 25th 2014, 01:28 PM

It was totally wrong of your friend's cousin to be telling this guy your personal secrets. The fact that he did not tell you about it, can be that he did not believe it and maybe he did not want to hurt you by telling you about it. Such sick messages are best to be ignores. The reply that he made the second time, also shows that he did not believe it and well he does care about you. It can be really awkward for him to come tell you that he is getting cruel messages about you, maybe he thought ignoring them were the best thing to do. I don't really think you should jump to the conclusion that he has told others, without being sure.
All that has happened is not your fault, I don't really see why you should apologize to him.I personally feel the person receiving the texts is not at fault here in any way. But I think you should confront him and tell him why you are mad at him.
I hope it works out for you
Let me know how it goes!

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread