TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Squish Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy My friends hate me but i dont want to leave them - August 17th 2014, 09:10 AM

Recently, at school i've been failing and asking my friends questions and stuff like that. They got annoyed and started hating me. Soon after that, one of my friends asked me to buy a game for them and they would pay me back but i refused and they started to hate me and calling me selfish and greedy. Later when they tried to give me help on assignments and tests they always said i was useless and i said some mean things about them. Now they call me a show off and think im a retard. Im too scared to leave them. I dont know what to do plz help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: My friends hate me but i dont want to leave them - August 17th 2014, 10:58 AM

Hey there,

I think that you are mostly not at fault here, just that one bit where you said mean things about them, but apart from that it seems that they're just not being good friends. I would suggest talking to them about your current relationship.

I understand that you're scared of losing your friends, but if your friends aren't acting like friends, then they're not really friends anyway right? Friends are supposed to be the positive things in our lives, not the negative.

Message me if you would like to talk!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Squish Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Re: My friends hate me but i dont want to leave them - August 18th 2014, 10:35 AM

Thx for suggesting that but my friends just shrug me off now nd tell me to go away because they think im annoying

(#4 (permalink)) Old
weaved1 Offline
fruit loop
Average Joe

Name: --

Re: My friends hate me but i dont want to leave them - August 18th 2014, 10:39 AM

Has it been a thought to find new friends?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Squish Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friends hate me but i dont want to leave them - August 23rd 2014, 01:09 PM

i dont know maybe?

ill try reasoning with them agaon

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: My friends hate me but i dont want to leave them - August 23rd 2014, 05:26 PM

I would find new friends if they won't even hear you when you tell them they way that they treat you is inappropriate. For all I know, you are annoying (not saying you are) but that doesn't give them the right to bully you or belittle you. Becoming the aggressor and bullying others doesn't make it ok, that's not how to resolve issues between friends. And it sounds as if they have blown things out of proportion to justify it. If you did something to bug them they could have just kindly told you that it bothered them. And if you tell them your hurt bu their bullying but they act like you deserve it because of what ever unfair conclusions they've made about you, then that's just wrong whether or not you think they deserve another shot. What I want to put to you is what kind of "true" friends bully another friend because said friend "deserved" it? That doesn't even make sense. No one deserves to be bullied or be treated badly. At all. Ever. You deserve better.

It's very easy to meet new people online if you feel shy about talking to people where you live.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: My friends hate me but i dont want to leave them - August 23rd 2014, 06:57 PM

Hey there,

Honestly, I think it might be time for you to try and find new friends. I know that finding new friends can be hard but the way that these group of 'friends' is treating you is wrong. And, you said that you have tried talking to them and they brush you off. You don't deserve to be disrespected in this way and if your current group of 'friends' won't respect you then it's time to leave them and work on building new friendships. Maybe you could try joining clubs at your school or volunteering within your community to broaden your horizons and find some people who will treat you with the respect that you deserve. The key is not to let people disrespect you, okay?

If you ever need to talk please feel free to message me and I would be more then willing to talk to you. Best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
_tori1_ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: vctoria

Re: My friends hate me but i dont want to leave them - August 24th 2014, 01:11 AM

I must admit that is sad.I feel that you have the wrong type of friends and you need to ditch them.If they dont love you and apreciate you then they dont deserve you.You are nice kind soul and they are taking advantage of you.True friends stay by your side and dont treat you like s**t.If they dont treat you with respect then its high time to say bye bye and find someone who loves you for you.talk to me if u need more advice or just want a true friend

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: My friends hate me but i dont want to leave them - August 30th 2014, 12:42 AM

This started to happen to me last year. Honestly, all you can do is either...

A) Stand up for yourself and tell them off. Communication really is key, and if don't start talking, you may never talk to them again.

or...

B) Accept defeat and move on. Find new friends.

If you tell them exactly what they're doing and how it makes you feel, in the most commanding voice you can muster up, it'll surprise them. You guys can talk this out. I know the odds are unfair, a group against one. But in life, that's how it is, a lot of the time.
Good luck!

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

Closed Thread