TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Surrounded by problems
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Samantha Owl

Question How to make *friends* with guys? - August 23rd 2014, 01:41 AM

Being their girlfriend is not my end game and so I don't want to look desperate or lead them on. I want to just make friends with guys because in 8th grade you really can't get far in regards to your social life without a lot of guy friends. Pretty much every other girl is flirtatious, friendly, and has a large group of boys she laughs with and hangs out with when she's not with her other friends. Basically every girl except for me. What can I do to make friends with guys? Especially how to make it obvious that my attempts at friendship are NOT me making poor tries at flirtation. That's mostly what I'm worried about, leading them on not so much since I'm not that attractive that they'd think that.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: How to make *friends* with guys? - August 23rd 2014, 02:37 AM

Just be yourself and take interest in people your attracted too, by attracted I mean that in a non sexual way. You have to talk with people and see what their about, your not going to get along with everyone. Just remember when your looking for new people to hang around don't fall for their bad habits just because you want to fit in. You do you, honest, genuine, loyal you'll have no issues finding quality friends. Also with guys you have to be really clear about not being sexual with them, anything can be looked at as a flirt in a guys eyes.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: How to make *friends* with guys? - August 23rd 2014, 05:44 AM

Hey there,

I think making guy friends would be the same as making any friends. You just have to be yourself and pick out some people you would like to try and talk to. Try and think of some conversation starters and then dive in and talk to some people. Once you have started conversations with them you can work on building more conversations with them as the days go by. You might want to start off the conversations with subjects relating to school and go from there. I know that when it comes to making friends with guys there is the aspect of leading them on but try not to worry about that. Just be true to yourself and be clear on your motives; making friends. When having conversations with these guys you will probably find that you have some of the same interests as them and you will be able to build on that.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: How to make *friends* with guys? - August 23rd 2014, 11:34 AM

Just be yourself. Forcing something will be exhausting to maintain and won't feel right.

I have a lot of male friends but I treat them no differently to my female friends. Their still human beings, treat them like that and you'll be fine.

In my experience, guys love a girl who can be 'one of the lads'. That they can relax around and be themselves too. You must consider that most of the boys you're trying to befriend are probably having the same issue reversed.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: How to make *friends* with guys? - August 23rd 2014, 02:03 PM

Don't look at them as guys. Look at them as potential friends. Start conversations, be friendly. Don't try too hard. Be yourself. Just become their friend the way you become anyone's friend!
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: How to make *friends* with guys? - August 23rd 2014, 04:41 PM

Honestly, just talk to them like you would with your other friends. Guys and girls aren't really that different. I had a lot of guy friends in school, granted a lot of them have now come out as gay but that beside the point

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
Closed Thread