TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
grimlock Offline
Toa of Fire
Welcome me, I'm new!

I hate my father - August 25th 2014, 04:29 AM

I hate my dad. He's a criminal, as in assault, selling "illegal substances" ect. and has gone to prison many times. Everyone on my mother's side hates him. He treats me like shit. Constantly calling me words that I won't repeat, and "gay" mostly because I'm not like his idea of a normal boy. I'm a nerd and he doesn't like that. He uses my mother because he's refuses to even try to get a job. He doesn't live with me and my mother though. When he is here he makes me do everything for him, and if I'm in the living room talking to my mom about something he just keeps turning up the volume on the TV till I get so pissed off at him I have to leave to my room or I'd try to hurt him. He lies to my mom about caring about me, he's told me. Hell he even forgets when my birthday is. It's partly because of him I have a hard time trusting people.

I know this probably just makes me sound like a whiney little brat, more than anything else.

"Just remember, don't die."

"This is better. This is bar." -Swerve

"We have eyes in the front so we can move forwards."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I hate my father - August 25th 2014, 12:14 PM

You do not sound like a whiny brat at all! You're father sounds like a difficult man to deal with, to say the least. The things you have described him as doing are understandably challenging and not exactly positive. You have a right to be upset and hurt by it.

Are your parents still married? Have you talked to your mom?

You might want to talk to your mom or another trusted family member who can help you get some distance from your dad or to even just get him to treat you better. If your mom and him are divorced (?) then you could always look into your mom getting sole custody so that you at least won't feel obligated to him.

I'm not sure what will really help though. I'm really sorry, it's hard having a parent who has these sorts of problems. Hopefully someone else will be able to provide suggestions. All I know is that, if nothing else, someday you will be an adult, you will be able to move away or otherwise cut him out if you so choose to do so, and, most importantly, you can be a better person.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
grimlock Offline
Toa of Fire
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I hate my father - August 26th 2014, 01:02 AM

Thankfully my parents were never married and I live solely with my mom (well technically mom and grandma). My mom basically thinks my dad is nearly perfect. My aunt basically gets me out of the house when my dad shows up. I think I mentioned before that he doesn't live here? There's really no reason to feel like I owe him anything.

"Just remember, don't die."

"This is better. This is bar." -Swerve

"We have eyes in the front so we can move forwards."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I hate my father - August 28th 2014, 02:08 AM

You don't sound like a whiny brat. Your dad sounds like a really difficult person to deal with and I am sorry you are having to put up with all of this. Sometimes we are given parents who aren't exactly the best influence and don't treat us the way that we deserve but that let that make you feel worse about yourself. You are worthy.

I think the best thing you can do is try and do things that distract yourself from the things your dad does like listen to music, draw, read and do other activities that sound fun. Also, try and get out of the house and away from him as much as you can. The less you are around him the less you will have to deal with him.

I hope that this helped and if you want to talk feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread