TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

They use... - September 9th 2014, 08:22 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey
Well, I can't afford to get my own place, the government has really made the country go downhill. I'm getting depressed because I can't get my own place, would give anything to have my own space but I never get it here as I still live with parents. However I never thought they would seriously stoop so low as to use my illnesses as weapons.
I have OCD so they feel the need that they don't have to do any housework in the flat and then my OCD gets really bad when it hasn't been done. They know how much it affects me but they still do it.
Also they are nasty to me about my bipolar, they say its my fault that I have it and that they were glad my little girl was stillborn. They said I shouldn't be having children while I have bipolar. Loads of people who suffer from bipolar have children and they can cope, they seem to think I couldn't.
They keep saying I don't take my medication when I am taking it. They say I don't take it for attention, even with meds, people with bipolar have bad days.
I know I would be a lot better in my own place away from my parents but its affording a place of my own.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: They use... - September 9th 2014, 10:59 AM

Hey Michaela,

Iím sorry your parents are treating you this way- it is unacceptable that they say those things to you. Have you pointed out to them that what they say hurts you? Do they know much about bipolar? If not, would it be possible to print off some stuff about bipolar to explain more about it?

If you are over 18, then moving out is definitely a good idea- it will give you independence and space away from your parents. Do you have a job/benefits at all? Saving some money every week will help. Also, it says in your profile that you are in Durham- I donít know much about that area, but if it is an expensive area to live in, would you be willing to move further away to a cheaper place?

Do you have any friends that you could stay with for a while? Or know anyone who wants to move out? Renting a place with someone else makes it a lot cheaper as the bills and rent are shared out between you.

If not, then is there a citizenís advice bureau local to you? They can help find suitable housing options, if you canít afford other places. Try checking out this link: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england.htm

Hope things get sorted for you soon

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Re: They use... - September 9th 2014, 12:05 PM

All of my friends have places of their own with their partners and children so I don't want to intrude on them.
My parents know everything about bipolar as I was diagnosed with it round about the same time that I was diagnosed with depression.
I have tried speaking to them but they just don't listen, they tell me to get lost and grow up.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
Closed Thread