TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Angry Why are they acting like this?! - October 29th 2014, 03:05 PM

I've entered a new school, so I don't really know the people in my class. They're all seem really kind and interesting, but there are just those two guys who piss me off (let's call them X and Y). To get to know eachother, a guy in my class (let's call him H) organised a Halloween evening at his house, so to get it all organised for 25 people, he created a facebook discution. This is a snippet of it:

H: Who's going to bring some food and drinks?
X: I'm gonna bring some bitches
Y: Lol, what quality?

Basically they're referring to girls in an extremely pejoratif way, and they're implying that they are objects to their disposal, like food or drinks. I just don't get why they act like this! It's so rude and immature . Are they talking like this to seem macho or something? Or do they actually consider girls this way?!?! It really bugs me. I feel really uncomfortable around them, since they're the kind of guys who stare at girl's butts, and only their butts. What do you guys think? And how should I deal with this behaviour?

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Why are they acting like this?! - October 29th 2014, 04:43 PM

I think even if they think they're being macho, they think that they have to objectify women to be macho. Either way, they're objectifying women even if deep down they're doing it to seem cool. A person should know better; you don't have to cross a line and objectify anyone in order to be popular. You don't have to like or respond positively to those comments to be popular. Personally I'd challenge them and tell them that their comments are inappropriate because of how they are objectifying women, they should show more respect and realize that it isn't ok to talk about another human in that manner. Let them know that calling women "bitches" is offensive and degrading, and that they aren't some kind of sexy play boy with an entourage of women following them around so they should get real and stop acting like pigs.
If you aren't comfortable challenging them, I understand. But you might want to if it persists.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: Why are they acting like this?! - October 29th 2014, 04:55 PM

Ok thanks I haven't really got the guts to step up though :/

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

Closed Thread