TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

How do I tell her - October 29th 2014, 09:48 PM

My boyfriend and I have been talking about living together and I really want to. He's been trying to find a new house because the one he's been living in has never been livable. He just told me today that he found a place and he's moving next week. He has to come back in April to get his mom's boyfriend, so he gave a choice of either going with him next week or waiting until April. He's moving 4 hours away, so if I choose to wait we won't be able to see each other until he comes to get me in April. I hate being so far away from him and I really want to be with him everyday. The only problem is my mom. She's the type of person that has to control everything and doesn't know when to let go. I'm almost 21 and I feel like its time for me to move out and take care of myself. I really need to move out for my sanity. She treats me like I'm some stupid kid that doesn't know how to do anything for myself when I'm an adult. How do I tell her I'm leaving?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: How do I tell her - October 29th 2014, 10:12 PM

I'm pretty much in the exact same boat- except it's my boyfriend's mother who might be hesitant to let him leave.

I'd explain to her that the area you want to move to is closer to an ideal area to work. Mention your boyfriend only for the sake of saying that sharing a place will cut the costs in half. Try to make it from an, "I'm an independent person and want to have more responsibilities in my life, and moving out will provide me with more progressive opportunities".

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Matt_Davis Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Matthew

Re: How do I tell her - October 30th 2014, 07:32 PM

I think you should have a calm conversation with your mother and make her see its the best for you. you need to grow apart

Closed Thread